Is there a difference between the spirit and the soul?

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Your thoughts about this verse? what do you think is the... show more Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Your thoughts about this verse? what do you think is the difference between spirit and soul? Or do you believe them to be the same thing? If so, how are they divided? All commentaries welcome, I can discern Godly council easily enough.

This is not a troll by any means, I wish to know your thoughts and ideas, for I am somewhat unclear on this myself. Thank you in advance.