Shauni
Shauni asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

Wedding mistakes, or things you forgot?

I am planning my wedding (and I am so happy). But I am also worried that there will be something I might forget. We have the date set. Colors, the wedding bands (well, I do-LOL), the type of seating, where (almost), I mean, we really have just about everything besides an officant and the decorations.

Is there anything you forgot or you think would be easy to forget?

• Lydia
    Best Answer

May not apply to you, but I'll mention these two in case they apply to you or anyone else reading.

My glasses broke the morning of the wedding - no warning, they weren't old or anything - when I picked them up from the table, they just broke in two at the nosepiece. Was in a small city, no where to get them fixed or replacements - and I had no backup! So I went through the day (and following days) relatively fuzzy - I see okay close up, and across a normal sized room. However, I gooped them together so I could at least drive to my mom's to get ready, and go to get hair done.

So for anyone with glasses or contacts, have backup!!!

The wedding day itself, everything went totally fine. We stayed in the hotel where the reception was. Next morning, go to get dressed in a pretty dress I bought for the gift opening, and church that morning - and I had no half-slip packed - and the dress NEEDED one! I only had the full, long slip I wore with the wedding gown. Had no choice, went to church in the dress as it was, and was really careful where and how I stood (was summer, dress was pink and white but fairly sheer). Got half-slip at my mom's so was ok for the gift opening.

One thing I WISH we had planned - when we got to the hotel room it was around midnight, and we were SO hungry, and all there was was champagne! We hadn't eaten much, if anything, at dinner - and didn't feel like eating anything much at the late lunch. Would have killed for cheese and crackers, even!

Well we forgot all about feeding the cake to each other! We cut it then stood around smiling for the cameras. It wasn't a big problem really but I guess we should have thought about that beforehand!

The other thing that we forgot was our suitcase for the wedding night. My hubby was supposed to have it with him when he dropped the car at our B&B but it was left in one of our hire cars so we had to run around town trying to find our bag of clothes at 12am so we would have something to wear the next day!

But really, don't stress about it. The only really important things about the day are you and your husband and your family and friends. Anything other than that is a bonus and certainly not worth worrying over. You will just have a good laugh later on if you do forget anything!

surely, in case you have planned heavily--you're doing precisely what you ought to be doing this week--relaxing!! in case you have become your nails finished, etc., confirm you be sure those appointments. are not getting a facial at this element. Get a rubdown in case you have time for it. Get your marriage licence. My basically suggestion for wedding ceremony day could be to get a good evening's sleep the evening till now--which skill watch the alcohol on the prepare consultation dinner. there is not any longer something worse than a hung over bride (or groom) on the marriage, plus you will no longer sleep to boot. %. a small lunch cooler with snacks, stuff like cheese, deli meat, fruit, crackers, granola bars, WATER, etc. make certain to drink water on your wedding ceremony day, you do no longer want to get dehydrated. in simple terms relish your self! that's an exceedingly specific time on your existence, do no longer spend it under pressure to the max. ultimate needs and congrats!

• Margot

Don't even worry about it. As long as you have the basics covered, church, cake, reception site, food, flowers, photographers, music, and wedding attire, no one is going to notice if something doesn't go according to plan or if something was not included. The ice sculpture or the signature drinks is nice (if you like that sort of thing), but no one but shallow people are going to judge your wedding harshly if it wasn't included.

My thing was that I wanted to get my nails done the day before the wedding. But my fiance wound up putting things on my to do list the last 2 days before the wedding. Thanks hon! Getting my nails done was not an option. So I polished them myself the morning of the wedding. No biggie!

check out this website, I use it on a daily basis. They have everything about anything wedding. There's tasks and checklists based on a time line, ceremony checklists, invitation checklists, reception, caterer, day of, you get the picture. http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/weddin...

There are also great tools to help you keep track of your guests, budget and so on. You wont forget a thing and best of all its FREE. Good luck

Source(s): The knot, fellow bride to be
  • B

Well we forgot to print the programs...had to rush and get that done

I told the bridesmaids to grab their bouquets before we left the house...none of them did. Had to go back and get them (5 minutes away).

We forgot the favors at home...gave them out with the thank you cards instead.

Try not to worry about things going wrong. Enjoy the things that go right.

the only thing we forgot was a gift for each other - not that it mattered - but we never thought of it.

my sister forgot to order her cake if you can believe it! lol thankfully the bakery had an artificial cake for them to use - she is still teased about that!

mum once told us that she forgot to buy the right bra for her gown - now that's not bad now-a-days but think back to our mothers' era - fifty odd years ago - she had to go braless and was mortified that someone might be able to tell!

so in closing make sure you have the right foundation garments for your style of gown! happy wedding!

• mrsc

well my mom paid for the flowers and said im not paying for my own so had planned on buying one for her. the day of the wedding my brother had to go buy our mom a corsage becasue we forgot! haha get a little planner - that way its almost impossible to forget anything =)

I forgot to give gifts to my bridesmaids before the wedding ceremony. (Their gifts were the jewellery they were to wear on the day).

So in many of the photos the girls has no jewellery - they looked bare.

You didn't mention a DJ/Band or a photographer. Do you have that covered?

What about favors, flowers, and gift bags for out of town guests?