Is it disrespectful to not move my wedding date?

Ok, I am 21 years old. I have been with my man for almost a year ( I know it seems sudden but read on). He has been my BEST FRIEND for 7 years now. We've been through thick and thin together. As friends, and as a lovers. We love together and do very well. He proposed to me this past weekend, on the night of my... show more Ok, I am 21 years old. I have been with my man for almost a year ( I know it seems sudden but read on). He has been my BEST FRIEND for 7 years now. We've been through thick and thin together. As friends, and as a lovers. We love together and do very well. He proposed to me this past weekend, on the night of my 21st birthday. Of course, I said yes.

Both of us LOVE halloween. And this year, 2009, halloween is on a saturday, which is perfect for my wedding day. Or how I have always dreamed it. So him and I have begun planning around that day. My grandmother, however, who is getting remarried for the 3rd time, has planned her wedding to be two weekends before mine. Several people in my family say that out of respect for her, I should move my date to another month.

I have never been married, DEf BOTH of our firsts, and the 31st is our dream date. What do I do?