Brad
Brad asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Should we begin campaigning to elect Ron Paul as our 45th president in 2012 now?

I remember reading somewhere that Ron Paul would make a decision on whether or not to run in 2012 by the middle of the year. However, I don't see how he can choose not to run in 2012 considering the challenges our country faces. Our most basic freedoms are under attack. We have a new president who is advocating "unity" around the principles of big government, perpetual war, and abolishing large chunks of the Bill of Rights (such as that archaic relic of frontier times, the 2nd Amendment).

We have a president who believes not only in keeping the IRS and Federal Reserve around, but also in drastically raising taxes and drastically raising the rate at which the Fed prints new money.

With freedom under siege and our liberties dying to thunderous applause, don't we need to do everything possible to make sure that Ron Paul is elected our next president in 2012? As anybody familiar with basic Austrian Economics ought to know, Obama's economic "stimulus" will be a miserable failure and will send us into a Greater Depression. When Americans become disillusioned of the false promises of the Obama Cult, don't we need to be ready to seize power and restore constitutional governance to this once-great nation?

Favorite Answer

It's not about a guy named Ron Paul, it's about the core American values he helped to finally re-popularize, such as constitutionalism, and LIBERTY.

FOCUS ON 2010!

The presidential elections are actually the LEAST important elections you can get involved in, and the one in which you will have the least overall impact.

We must take back local government first!

I believe he should run again in 2012. This man is above the rest, and intimidates the status quo. His book truly is a revolution. This man has ideas that it almost seems like gets swept under the rug. This country has veered so far ffom being any kind of role model. We are trying to pimp our way into an empire. I use the word pimp because we don't have any money so we use our rep and swag to get some. When it comes down to it you can;t outrun a bullet, nor debt. We can't police the world, because we can't afford our own lifestyle. We're broke America! Wake the F*ck up!

47 is right, focus on local and take over in 2010.

The reason why we are not exited about the new president is because he is going along with the same organizations polices that the last president did, the Council on foreign relations. We want a new foreign policy and new monetary policy, if you are educated you will understand that there are no, I repeat no fundamental differences with the new president.

Will things change? Absolutely, if Bush remained in office things would change, big changes are going to happen no matter who is in office so I will not give any credit to the president when change happens. The proposed change to come are not something an American patriot would support anyways. All freedom loving Americans that believe in liberty and national sovereignty will be outraged, and shame on those who blame the president for being the spokesmen for the changes.

-- Matthew E. Hayward --

Source(s): "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty" --Wendell Phillips-- http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

It is time to prepare for the 2010 elections and find candidates that will fill seats that have the same principles and constitutional direction that Ron Paul has displayed in his political career. The congress and senate MUST be the first to experience a "CHANGE" for us to have any hope as we the people. After we shake up the political system in 2010 with some new faces and direction, then concentrate on 2012 for the presidency for Ron Paul as well as change some more faces in Congress and Senate.

Changing the faces in the derelict Congress and Senate is just as, if not more important, than having change for us as WE THE PEOPLE. In fact it will be more important to have a strong Congress and Senate than to have a strong President. A president is only as good or as bad as the House of representatives allows or demands that he be.

The past abuse that has occurred is the responsibility of many in Washington DC. Many of those people responsible continue to be re-elected based on party politics. THe real "change" will come when we see real "change" in the representation in the House of representatives. Only re-elect those that uphold and defend the Constitution and represent "We The People" instead of foreign or special interest. I say no more false promises, lies or pointing fingers. Put up or get voted out....PERIOD!

The American people can only make this happen if they choose to step outside the partisan party politics that have people playing party teams while both the teams on the field are for themselves and not the people cheering them on. WAKE UP and use your precious vote in a way that will protect your interests and our Constitution. Vote for change or constitutional representation and you will get it. VOte based on party or popularity and we will keep getting the same old game in Washington of corruption, scandal and ultimately demise for our nation and us as We The PEople.

Ron Paul will be 77 in 2012 hence 81 after his first term.

he should have been elected this year, but all the sheeple were asleep

while asleep, instead of counting sheep we became some

I myself don't know anything about Ron Paul (I'll do my research if he decides to run). However, I do agree with everything you said about Obama.

This stimulus plan or one very similar has been tried and tested before, and failed miserably. Why must we repeat the same mistakes over and over and over again?!

I was a Paul supporter in 2008, but he will be too old by 2012. I get nervous when the elderly and the frail are put in charge of everything.

Source(s): Reagan.

YES!!! it should have been Ron Paul as the president elect but people are too damn dumb to see how the money system & policies work

If Ron Paul feels the constitution is not being followed, he should petition the US Supreme Court...because according to the constitution, that's where such arguments are suppose to happen

• I like Ron Paul, but I think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.