Why was it ok to try Nazis and Japanese for war crimes, but not muslim terrorists?

Just wondering if a democrat can let me know what they think about this. How come it was fair and acceptable to have the Nazis and Japanese stand trial for war crimes, but when we try to do the same military war crimes trials today with islamic terrorists somehow that's now wrong. What changed? Or were FDR and... show more Just wondering if a democrat can let me know what they think about this. How come it was fair and acceptable to have the Nazis and Japanese stand trial for war crimes, but when we try to do the same military war crimes trials today with islamic terrorists somehow that's now wrong. What changed? Or were FDR and Truman racist, bigot, warmonger, neocons also?
Update: yutsnark, nobody is against a trial? Why did Obama today put a 160 day freeze on the trial of a man accused of murdering an american soldier in afghanistan?