Ala asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 1 decade ago

If Palestine doesn't have the right to exist, Israeli doesn't have the right to exist either, am i right? ?

I do respect they both have the right to exist. But, i don't see no seperate Palestinian state split up fairly between the Israeli state. The West Bank is just an ongoing ins and outs of Arabs, with Israeli colonies inside. And Gaza is smaller than the isle of white (i see it as some kind of national park rather than a proper state with millions inside).

If the West Bank and Gaza were for the Palestinians, and Palestinians only, i wouldn't have even asked the question. My question is, why did they leave hardly any space for the Palestinian people? hence the overpopularity of Gaza. And, why did the Israeli government not give any compensation to the Arabs after the millions of killings of innocent woman, men, children and elderly? basically wiping out a whole generation? What right does Germany have to give compensation to Israel after the holocaust when Israeli officials didn't give a damb about the Arabs' compensation they owe? .... or was a Jewish kid in the holocaust superior to the Arab kid in Palestine?

Update:

Bruce you are right, Hamas made a very stupid note. But, when they blocked the borders of Gaza and starved the people, is that thinking is has the right to exist?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

But extremist Muslims do not want to share. When West Bank was part of Jordan and Gaza was part of Egypt, they did not make their Palestine at that time. Because there was no problem with a Palestinian people they just wanted the rest of Israel. At that time the Palestinians were just considered Arabs, from Jordan and Syria and other countries. If anyone thinks they are Palestinian honestly chances are they are not. Palestine was a name given the region by the Romans, and the Arabs there called themselves Syrians while the Jews were called the Palestinians. Syria was a strong supporter in fledgling PLO to overthrow both Israel and Jordan and chances are they are Syrians. There never really was a distinct Palestinian people. The Arabs already admitted what they were doing.

"The Israelis can sue the Arabs now, and demand billions or even trillions in compensation for the damage caused them in 1948-1967. You Arabs admitted that the [Palestinian] cause began after 1967. So the Israelis can ask: "Why did you fight us before that?" They will demand Arab compensation for the so-called embargo on Israel and for the economic damage caused to the Israelis. If the Israelis sue you, they will win. They will say: We suffered an injustice. We are like an innocent lamb surrounded by wolves. We've been saying this since 1948." Qaddafi, Arab Summit 2008

"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism. For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa. While as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan." -- PLO Executive Committee member Zuhayr Muhsin, March 31, 1977, interview with the Dutch newspaper Trouw."

Never a distinct Palestinian people:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=269...

What really happened:

http://www.terrorismawareness.org/what-really-happ...

Qaddafi to Arab Summit 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP2ePHOLSqo

Youtube thumbnail

While Israel absorbed her refugees from other countries, nobody can make the Arabs take their refugees back. Although I do not like to reward their continued violence against Israel, I can subscribe to a 2 state solution for the sake of peace. The problem is that the extremist Muslims cannot share at all. They continue to have same tactic they did back in '48.. to annihilate all Jews and then spread Islam to the rest of the World.

Hamas In Their Own Voices

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i08L09V0_sg

Youtube thumbnail

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe both Israel and Palestine have the right to exist in a peaceful two state solution. Just having a government run by Hamas is a threat to the peace process because their manifesto clearly states that they are against peace solutions and will only stop fighting if they have all of Israel. That is not a realistic goal. So as a Jew myself I believe both Israel and Palestine have the right to exist, just not a Palestine under Hamas.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Palestinian leadership has repeatedly been offered a separate state. Coming to some agreement about this would require much debate between the two sets of leaders, and much compromise on both parts. Unfortunately, the Palestinian leadership has repeatedly refused to sit down at the table and work out compromises. Their stated position is that they want nothing less than the obliteration of the State of Israel. They will not recogize the State of Israel, and unless things change drastically in the future, they simply want Israel -- and the Jews -- wiped off the face of the earth.

No, an individual Israeli child is not "superior" to an individual Palestinian child. I don't know any Jewish or Israeli people who would make that claim.

Source(s): www.ynet.co.il/english/articles/0,7340,L-3434455,00.html malta.usembassy.gov/palestinian2.html www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2009/01/15/ST2009011500809.html
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Palestinians have endured a 60 year long holocaust. Palestine has a right to exist. Israel's right to exist is based on a nostalgic notion of fulfilling a prophecy. When everyone has their own, the entire territory should be known as Palestine. The whole world, including Palestine, is big enough to accommodate all the world's Jews.

EDIT Hamas negotiated with Israel via mediators, therefore by definition recognise Israel. But all doubt could be put aside by encouraging the rebuilding of the PLO, which the UN has recognised as the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people since 1974, and which Israel recognised since the Camp David Accords.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • hey!
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The nation of Israel existed since the days of Egypt from when Israel was born. Check out the Scriptural book of Exodus. They dwelt in the land called Canaan. As time progressed, the name was changed (much like Constantinople is now Istanbul). Those claiming to be Palestinians were actually offered some of Jordan, but they refused. Israel, on the other hand, took the offer to establish themselves as a nation once again.

• 1 decade ago

There is no comparison between the Nazis and the Israelis to do so is a denial of the truth. Arabs have killed millions of Arab women, children and elderly the Israelis have not. A two state solution has been offered to the Palestinians and they are not willing to accept this, the status of Jerusalem is the real sticking point in this issue. The Palestinians should look to their Muslim brothers in Egypt, Syria and Jordan to provide them land for a Palestinian state.

• 1 decade ago

The Palestinians (in Gaza) have brought this recent crisis largely upon themselves.

I find it hard to sympathise with people who elected a mad Islamic terrorist organisation whose aims appear to be war with their much more powerful neighbour, Israel. What did they expect when Hamas continued its indiscriminate rocket attacks? Israel was clearly going to respond with great force and so they did.

Israel has shown that it is willing to recognise the Palestinians' right to exist by offering a two-state solution at the Camp David meetings. Yasser Arafat rejected the proposal.

Until the Palestinians abandon violence their so-called oppression will not end.

P.S. Would the questioner be so kind as to provide evidence for her absurd claims that Israel has wiped out 'millions of innocent woman, men, children and elderly? basically wiping out a whole generation'?

• Fatima
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Why are you blaming Jews for the amount of land given to Palestinians?

It was the British who divided the land. Why don't you blame Britain for giving over half of the original Palestine to Jordan?

Why doesn't Palestine attack Jordan and reclaim their land?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All I can say is You are right. Except Israel never had a reason or cause to exist. Essentially they are and always were nothing. That land belongs to Palestine.

• 1 decade ago

if they would stop hating on the israelis and actually focused on becoming a civilized society instead of acting like a pack of wild animals maybe they would prosper as a society...until that happens, they will continue to launch rockets into israel and then act like cry babies when israel retaliates.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.