promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Family life is usually better when the parents have a religious faith ? Do you agree?

I don't think it does because then it gives you more freedom of choice on which religion if any you want to be.

Give reasons please =]

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

How about a complete sociological survey.

Gross National Happiness: Why Happiness Matters for America--and How We Can Get More of It

by Arthur C. Brooks

Happiness Predictor 1: Faith

Roughly 85 percent of Americans identify with a religion, and about a third of Americans attend a house of worship every week or more. These statistics have changed relatively little over the decades. By international standards, America's level of religious practice is exceptionally high. In Holland, for example, just 9 percent of the population attends church on a regular basis; in France, it's 7 percent; in Latvia, 3 percent.

In general, religious Americans (those who attend a place of worship almost every week or more) are happier than those who rarely or never attend. In 2004 the General Social Survey found that 43 percent of religious folks said they were very happy with their lives, compared with 23 percent of secularists. Religious people were a third more likely than secularists to say they're optimistic about the future. And secularists were nearly twice as likely as religious people to say "I'm inclined to feel I'm a failure."

The connection between faith and happiness holds regardless of one's religion. All nonpartisan surveys on the subject have found that Christians (Protestants, Catholics, Mormons, and others) and Jews, as well as members of many other religious traditions, are far more likely than secularists to say they're happy. It also doesn't matter if we measure religious practice in ways other than attendance at worship services. In 2004, 36 percent of people who prayed every day said they were very happy, versus 21 percent of people who never prayed.

Of course, not every religious person is happy; neither is every secularist unhappy. Nonetheless, it's clear that faith is a common value among happy Americans.

http://www.truthbook.com/news/labels/values.cfm

The above is stunning, but not as stunning as how little known it is.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

No, I've seen people who have a very rigid and unfeeling relationship with one another due to some suffocating religion of some sort. Any real emotions were squeezed out.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.