Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Sins in my past that I feel guilty for?

I am a Christian and 14 years old. Recently I have been wanting to be a better person but feel my past is holding me down. I have lied many times in the past, these are some of the worst things I have done:

-Lied to my parents (went a long way away on my own without telling them)

-Said another girl slapped me when she didn't and our families had a huge argument over it

-gone to second (fingering) with my ex boyfriend

-lied to my friends, family, everyone

I feel very bad for all these sins. I have confessed (in a letter) about going away without telling my mum but feel i can't tell her all of the other sins. Is it okay to not tell her if I am really sorry for them and try to not lie to her again, or do I have to tell her? I don't think I have the strength.

Thank you.

CarltonB - Religion is my life. God is my life. That's what being a Christian is.

Favorite Answer

If you have repented and ask God to forgive you,He is faithful and just to....sometimes it is better telling your mom it relieves the guilt but if you can turn it over to God and relieve yourself of the burden then it isn't necessary to tell her. God knows your heart and knows when you are sincere. He loves you and wants to forgive you.Remember to turn it over to God and when you think about it tell God I told you I am sorry now please release me from this guilt.We must release ourselves from the burden as well

I think you should just confess them to God, ask him to forgive you, & repent. I don't think you should give your mother all the details but simply tell her that you've done things that you are not proud of but now you have got things right with God(when you do) & you are turning over a new leaf. If you feel that you need to confess to a person why don't you try to find a good church & a youth minister that you think is trustworthy?

I believe the only way to feel liberated would be confessing them to GOD first of all.That is the key,what ever you do take advantage of the conviction you feel in your heart towards GOD.That is what will open the door for HIM to make you stronger to resist temptation when it comes again.Not everyone acts on that conviction,many of the people who don't are the ones that eventually call themselves atheist,only because they chose at one point in their lives not to answer that conviction in their hearts.There is a difference in doing something wrong here in this world,and sinning against GOD.Mistakes we will always make,but I believe that it is GODS love and correction that drives us to stop doing things that may separate us from HIS side.Don't be as unbelievers that go their lives doing what they please thinking they will never pay account.As christians we are to acknowledge when we do wrong and present it to GOD,and HE will forgive us.If we confess our sins HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness.This is very important for you to believe at your age.GOD BLESS

• jodie

once you settle for Christ as your Savior, devil will do something that make you experience accountable for the sins that Jesus died on the go for. God forgives and we ought to learn how to forgive ourselves, that stands out as the toughest. you're saying that your lady buddy does not comprehend which you cheated on her in college. that truly is as much as you in case you tell her or no longer. If it would help with the guilt then i might, yet beware- she maximum probable won't take it nicely at first. i does no longer. One question is your lady buddy a Christian? that would desire to make it slightly much less annoying. You cheated till now you became a Christian- God has forgiven you. As Jesus might say "the place are your accusers? pass and sin not extra"

I think it is important that you tell her. Pray to the Holy Spirit. Everyone always talks about how important a relationship with Jesus is, and that is very true, you must have a good relationship with your Savior. But, praying to the Holy Spirit is extremely important also. Ask Him for guidance.

Answer my question on my page plz plz. I have hardly any answers. Even if you don't know the answer plz just say something plz. Thnx

You need to repent and pray to Christ for your sins. If you are truly sorry for them, you are clean in God's eyes and are forgiven. However, you also should tell your mother if its bothering you this much. You dont have to tell her about the sexual parts so much unless you feel obligated, but you should probably tell them about your lying as it cuased a fight like that.

God will never turn his back on you, you can always be forgiven no matter what you do.

Give yourself a chance sweetie, you are only 14. You have years yet. :)

But think of this while you decide which is the best path for yourself... Too much light will blind you just the same as too much dark.... which is worse.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Albert Einstien clever fellow. This means good can come from bad and bad can come from good.

What is needed is a balanced perspective.

Practicing Shaman... quantum physics rocks.

Don't let Satan or his minions remind you of the things God has *forgotten*. If you are in Christ, you are a new creation. God has FORGOTTEN your sin, and you state of sin.

If you feel reminded of sin... that is you, not God. He has removed our sins from us, as far as the east is from the west. Don't allow grief about yesterday to cloud your work for today.

Source(s): CarltonB - Religion is my life. God is my life. That's what being a Christian is -- AMEN!

You've done nothing most other kids your qge haven't done. Stop worrying. However, stop with the sex until you are old enough to get pregnant and support a kid or at least oldenough to get birth control., And, yes, its sex, don't kid yourself!

you only have to confess to God through Jesus...you do not have to confess to anyone Jesus knows your heart if your truly sorry...sweetie your young and you will make mistakes, but when you do talk to God pray to Jesus for forgiveness.