What car companies own Hyundai stocks?

I was wondering which car company still owns Hyundai stocks?

In the past Daimler-Chrysler used to own 10% of the company, but they sold their share a few years ago and prior to that Mitsubishi had a small stake in Hyundai as well.

Now I'm wondering if Mitsu still does have any Hyundai stocks? Or is there any other car company that does as well?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hyundai Kia Automotive Group own Hyundai Stocks, DaimlerChrysler in 2004 sold its ownings of this company its 10%

In 1998, after a shake-up in the Korean auto industry caused by overambitious expansion and the Asian financial crisis, Hyundai acquired rival Kia Motors.

In 2000, the company established a strategic alliance with DaimlerChrysler and severed its partnership with the Hyundai Group.

In 2001, the Daimler-Hyundai Truck Corporation was formed.

In 2004, however, DaimlerChrysler divested its interest in the company by selling its 10.5 percent stake for $900 million.

Hyundai Kia Automotive group owns these Business & Subsidiaries.

Automobile

* Hyundai Motor Company (Drive your way)

* Kia Motors (The Power to Surprise)

Auto parts

* Hyundai Mobis

* Kefico

* Dymos

* Hyundai Powertech

* Wia

* Bontech

* Wisco

* Metia Industry

* Hyundai Enercell

* Hyundai Oil Bank

* Eco Plastic

* IHL Industry

* Hyundai Autonet

Steel

* Hyundai Steel

* Hyundai Hysco

* BNG Steel

Railroad vehicle and defence products

* Rotem

Advertising agencies

* Innocean Worldwide

Technical development

* NGV Corporation

Electrical holdings

* Eco Energy

Logistics

* GLOVIS

• 3 years ago

My husband and that i the two tension american made autos and we are the two very pleased with them. save around and purchase what you like. interior the top, till you acquire a lemon, you will locate that any automobile you purchase is nicely surely worth the money. we've had 2005 Ford F150, 2007 GMC Envoy, 2001 Saturn L300 Sedan, 1993 circumvent truck..out of all of them, the circumvent became the only automobile we had problems with. Saturn has a advantageous SUV and a especially sedan(the air of secrecy) which you would be able to desire to be drawn to. The Kia Sorento is lovable. Out of the three you indexed, i might pass with the toyota. stable success

• C7S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Either Kia owns all of Hyundai or Hyundai owns all of Kia now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.