Can i install windows 7 beta on a portable 80gb USB drive and boot from it when my system starts up?

i have an 80GB NTFS portable drive. i'm just wondering if i can install WINDOWS 7 BETA on it and boot from the USB external drive without it affecting my current installation of WINDOWS VISTA on my Notebook. ? if you know of a guide on how to do it, that would be handy, but if its just installing it on the... show more i have an 80GB NTFS portable drive.
i'm just wondering if i can install WINDOWS 7 BETA on it and boot from the USB external drive without it affecting my current installation of WINDOWS VISTA on my Notebook. ? if you know of a guide on how to do it, that would be handy, but if its just installing it on the portable drive as if it were a normal drive, i have no hang-ups with that.

thanks