Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

Salmonella outbreak in peanut butter and ice cream?

Have you heard about the outbreak of salmonella virus in peanut butter products and certain ice creams? Kellog found it in their peanut butter crackers, Peter Pan peanut butter is also infected, Meijer stores carry contaminated products, and Perry's Ice Cream, along with other ice creams are infected. Little Debbie recalled its peanut butter crackers over fear of contamination. At least 470 others in 43 states have gotten sick. At least 90 people have been hospitalized. Some people have died. Just wanted to spread the news.

"The government on Saturday had advised consumers to avoid eating cookies, cakes, ice cream and other foods containing peanut butter until health officials learn more about the contamination."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090119/ap_on_re_us/sa...

Update:

Some cheeses, too.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Stick to all natural, organic, non-GMO foods, and your risk of encountering contaminated food will be much, much lower.

• casi
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I ate a small %. of them each and every week and a a million/2 in the past...in simple terms a pair days till now the keep in mind, and that i had the worst diarrhea that i've got ever had the very next day. It became terrible, and that i think of it somewhat is a right away results of the salmonella poisoning. i'm in stable wellbeing otherwise, and as I pronounced, i became depressing the following day after eating in simple terms some crackers.

• 1 decade ago

they tell me on the news that peanut butter in the jar is fine, just avoid and return if you can., those products that have peanut butter or peanut paste in them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.