JAN S asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 decade ago

how many us presidents have been distant relatives to the british royal family/?

was john mckane'

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Paco
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The short answer is "all of them". It's just simple mathematics.

Nearly everyone with an ounce of European blood in them is a descendant of Charlemagne (who died in the 9th century) or Alfred the Great (who died in the 10th century) or Edward III (who reigned through the "black death" in the 14th century). It's a game that geneticists are playing with the public to attract attention and sell books. They pretend that there is some mysterious connection.

--------------------

The authors are playing on people's poor understanding of exponential growth. Once you get back 40 to 50 generations your family tree is so huge that the same people appear in it millions of times. Conversely everyone at the time who has a living descendant today, is also the ancestor of the majority of people alive. Everyone has a European royal in their family tree,

--------------------

However, here is an article.

--------------------

Did you know all 43 U.S. presidents have carried European royal bloodlines into office? 34 have been genetic descendants from just one person, Charlemagne, the brutal eighth century King of the Franks. 19 of them directly descended from King Edward III of England. In fact, the presidential candidate with the most royal genes has won every single American election.

“This information comes from Burke's Peerage, which is the Bible of aristocratic genealogy, based in London. Every presidential election in America, since and including George Washington in 1789 to Bill Clinton, has been won by the candidate with the most British and French royal genes. Of the 42 presidents to Clinton, 33 have been related to two people: Alfred the Great, King of England, and Charlemagne, the most famous monarch of France. So it goes on: 19 of them are related to England's Edward III, who has 2000 blood connections to Prince Charles. The same goes with the banking families in America. George Bush and Barbara Bush are from the same bloodline - the Pierce bloodline, which changed its name from Percy, when it crossed the Atlantic. Percy is one of the aristocratic families of Britain, to this day. They were involved in the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament at the time of Guy Fawkes” -Researcher/Author David Icke, “Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center”

If America declared its Independence from the European monarchies in 1776, how is it possible that every single president has descended from European monarchs? If presidents are democratically elected as we are told, what are the odds that we would always choose members of British and French royal bloodlines to lead us?

“The Americas have always been owned and governed by the same royal families of Britain and Europe that conventional history states as being among those defeated during the wars of so-called ‘Independence.’” -Michael Tsarion, “Astrotheology and Sidereal Mythology”

“If it really is the Land of the Free and if, as is claimed, anyone really can become the president, you would fairly expect that the 43 presidents from George Washington to

George W. Bush would express that genetic diversity. You're having a laugh. The presidents of the United States are as much a royal dynasty as anything in Europe, from whence their bloodlines came.” -David Icke, “Tales from the Time Loop”

------------

A geneologist calculated that as of 1 Jan 2001 there were 657 living legitimate descendants of George III and 4,982 living descendants of George I. There are probably more illegitimate descandanta than legitimate ones. George I is 11 generations from Prince William (via senior line). But Edward of Windsor is another 12 generations back from George I. He could have 20 million living descendants. And Charlemagne is another 19 generations beack from Edward. The majority of people in Europe and northern America are descended from him.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Monuments and memorials, eclectic neighbourhoods, true regional flavor this is exactly what Washington, DC is; a location unlike every other; just like this website hotelbye . Washington it's your property overseas with free museums and America's front yard. Washington is acknowledged around the globe as a mark of the United States. Here, the spot you cannot skip may be the Capitol. Capitol is the seat of the House of Representatives and the Senate. The big dome, on the basis of the dome of St. Peter's in Rome, stands out above all different Washington buildings. Like Washington it self, the developing has grown over the years considering that the key part was created between 1793 and 1812. The final supplement, in 1958-62, increased the key façade wherever presidents take the oath. On the other area, a marble terrace offers wonderful opinions within the mall and the city. The inside is resplendent with frescoes, reliefs, and paintings, specially the rotunda underneath the great cast-iron dome with a threshold painting by Constantino Brumidi and enormous paintings of displays from American record on the walls.

• 1 decade ago

There's no conspiracy here. All United States Presidents, including Barack Obama on his mother's side, have had ancestors who have lived in the US for a long time. Of these Americans, as many as 150 million (half the population) have traceable royal descent (if they bothered to document their ancestry), usually to the British royals. Indeed, at least 650 colonists had traceable royal ancestry to the Stuarts or Plantagenets, and 287 of these left descendants.

After all, England is about the size of Oregon, and Scotland is about half the size of Georgia. Considering that they've both been around for centuries, its statistically probable that most of the British alive today as well as most Americans of English or Scottish descent are distant cousins.

Furthermore, "American" families during the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries were rather large since women regularly gave birth to children from their late teens through to their mid-40s. According to Ancestry.com, even I'm related to Elizabeth II as a 9th cousin, a couple of times removed through the Queen Mum, and and as a direct descendant of James II of Scotland, and the only office I 've ever held was 9th-grade student council representative.

P. S. -- I'm also a distant cousin to both Bushes, Clinton, Nixon, Lyndon Johnson, Ford, Kennedy, both Harrisons, Arthur, Andrew Johnson, and Teddy Roosevelt. If you have Scottish or Scots-Irish ancestry and you're famous (or even if you're not), I'm probably related to you.

• spivey
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Many have been or are appropriate in some distant thank you to the British Royal kin, yet i do no longer think that this has had any result on the consequences of an election in the USA. better of success to you!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

George Washington's family are originally from Washington a city near me in the North East of England. Hence Washington DC.

• 1 decade ago

George Washington was a direct descendent of British royalty. Anyone from the American Lewis bloodline.

Source(s): Daughters of the American Revolution
  • 1 decade ago

If you'll look at it statistically, almost 100% of the time the one with the closest blood relative being Royal almost always wins.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have a terrible feeing that I am distantly related to the Royal family - i wake up every night in a cold sweat after having a nightmare about it.

• 5 years ago

All

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I'm a Lewis bloodline....lots of bull....we all 17th cousin or was it 16th.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.