Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do I need a plumber and electrician to install my dishwasher and garbage disposal?

I am putting a dishwasher in a kitchen that never had one and there is a plug in a "wall" between the under-the-sink area and where the dishwasher will go. I've heard several different opinions on whether I'll need a plumber AND an electrician or just a plumber.

We also want to get a garbage disposal, will that need an electric source as well?

Any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

• brian
    Favorite Answer

unless you are a licenced plumber or electrician yes you should call them in to do the work. sometimes you can hire someone that does both if you can this can be a big savings of not only money but also time. if you get one of them in you might not get the other for a few days.

Source(s): professional painter for 25 years

you will require the thoughts of the two a plumber and an electrician. A plumber shouldn't do any wiring for you except the twine is right there. A electrician shouldn't do your plumbing hookup. A electrician won't splice into your gentle swap to furnish you power to a rubbish disposal unit. A rubbish disposal could require a sparkling twine out of your provider panel or a branch circuit. Do it superb and do it sturdy. magnificent sturdy fortune Richard

193