How long does it take for the Sheriff to serve an eviction notice?

After a long and already lengthy process, my landlord has finally agreed to evict our neighbors. We were told this about a week ago by our landlord over the phone. He explained that: 1. Our neighbors would have to be served with the notice to evict, by the Sheriff's department. This would... show more After a long and already lengthy process, my landlord has finally agreed to evict our neighbors. We were told this about a week ago by our landlord over the phone. He explained that:

1. Our neighbors would have to be served with the notice to evict, by the Sheriff's department. This would "supposedly" take 5-8 days, according to the landlord.

2. There would be a hearing in front of a judge to decide whether to uphold or deny the eviction notice. (up to 10 days from delivery of the notice).

3. Then the Sheriff's department would have to actually enforce the eviction.

My main question is: Is this so-called "timeline" correct for eviction, or is my landlord just giving me false hope to placate me? How long does it really take for the police to serve these tenants?

As I stated, it has definitely been over a week, with no "serve" attempt from the police. When I talked to my landlord a few days ago, he even mentioned that the neighbors had still not been served.

Can anyone tell me in general how long this process will take from start to finish? (We've been trying since September to have these people evicted - they've stolen from us, been absurdly noisy at all hours of the day, apparently have a subwoofer placed against our bedroom wall, and have 2 dogs illegally staying in their home that bark constantly.) I feel like the landlord doesn't truly want to evict these people (loss of rent), and they're just feeding me stories. For example, we asked if we could attend the court hearing, whenever it would be, and were told "It wouldn't be necessary."

Sorry this has been lengthy, but I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks in advance!
Update: I guess I should clarify - we aren't even AT the hearing part yet; the Sheriff's Dept. has yet to even serve our neighbors with the "notice of eviction." That was my original question - how long is it going to take to have them slap a sticker on their door? BTW, thanks for all the great... show more I guess I should clarify - we aren't even AT the hearing part yet; the Sheriff's Dept. has yet to even serve our neighbors with the "notice of eviction."
That was my original question - how long is it going to take to have them slap a sticker on their door?

BTW, thanks for all the great answers so far.