(Steam.com) Is steam safe to download things, if so is it free.?

I was thinking about downloading steam. And was wondering if it was free. Oh and is it also simple to use? Much thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Steam is downloaded at www.steampowered.com, and yes you can download and install it for free. From there you can purchase games on it or install any games you already have keys for. If you have any half-life or counter-strike you might as well install steam because you will have to use it to play those games anyway. This goes for team fortress 2, and the new left 4 dead as well.

Steam is relatively simple to use as long as it works correctly. Several years ago i would say no, because it barely worked at all when it first came out and pissed off alot of people. But now yes it works well.

• Debra
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Hello. I like Freddys answer at the top of this pile. Limewire,like Frostwire,is a bit like going out to the shops,opening all the doors and windows in your home and locking the catflap! Slimewire is NOT safe. Frostwire is NOT safe. BOTH are illegal. BOTH are full of scumware. Hope you've got enough money put by to buy a new computer when your one gets messed up. From one who learnt the hard way in 2004! You have been warned by an expert! Big L 266.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is no www.steam.com, but if you're referring to www.steampowered.com, then yes, it's a good idea to download

It's free to download, and very simple to use. I've bought many games through steam, and it even has an in-game chat interface for your steam friends.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.