dean k asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Fat person wanting to work out?

I have a friend in early 20s where he is not fit at all...

He seems to grow all his fat on his tummy. every food he eats digests slowly. Now, i got him to start working out with me, my question is, should he take in a whey protein after he works out?

Since hes already fat will whey protein make him fatter or better?

Favorite Answer

From what ive been told, just get him to eat 6 small meals a day and workout should be mostly cardio. But if he wants strength, then do strength workout first then cardio it will help more.

Not sure what Shox is babbling about, go without the whey protein and see how things turn out. Try to get him to lose that tummy first.

he needs to train hard so the whey protein doesnt turn into fat

Lets see

I am a Natural Bodybuilder and have been training for a while now...

You need to acknowledge that by building muscle you will jumpstart and increase your metabolism greatly

Plus a little bit of muscle wont hurt, especially as summer is around the corner!!!

4 Tips

Compound Exercises: Make sure you perfect these and lift heavy (Squats, Bench Press, Chinups, Rows)

High Intensity Sprinting: For Fat Loss and Muscle Tone (look at all the sprinters at how ripped they are especially asafa powell and usain bolt)

Low Carb/High Protein: Eat High protein foods(tuna,eggs,meat) and very few carbs and this will help lose a kilo fast guaranteed

Junk Food: i have 1 meal per week of anything i want and this helps keep the kilos off

By the way i get my info from this great site i found

GOodluck

Peace

Nearly everyone in the civilized world gets more than enough protein without supplements. Aside from that, I seriously doubt your friend is working out hard enough for additional protein to be even remotely helpful.

whey protein is designed to help add bulk not specifically muscle mass, whey protein would not be a good fit for him, lots and lots of cardio

There is a program out there that I can suggest. It is 100% about exercise and motivation. This should help you out. It did a lot for me. Iv included the link below under 'source". I hope it helps you out. It did for me and a few people I know. Motivation is the key to an challenge in exercise and these people really care. Also, they have a great support system and are there if you have questions and need advice. They get back to you real quick. Iv included the link below under "source". Hope this helps you out.

It is meant to feed your muscles after a workout so it shouldn't make too much difference if he has had a good workout.

Although, I personally wouldn't take any kind of suplement and would eat some chicken breast instead!

x

Believe in him.Always..