Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Survey: Middle-Aged Male Menopause Crisis: Myth? or Reality?

("Physiological Brain Component?" or "He just wants to get it on with some young strange?")

Best Answer

Manopause is all about declining hormones that you need for good health.Men have hormones just like women, but it's more pronounced in women, because we have a more complex system, with obvious symptoms.

Manopause happens to way more men then will admit to it, but my theory is that he wants to get young strange from age 16-90 so thats like giving someone Nyquil and saying the side effects are a runny nose.

Source(s): wow..I even bored myself with that explanation.
  • Carol

I figured out the Hollywood portrayal of love was a myth pretty early. I'd say about 15. However, real love is out there. Here's the thing, it's a decision, not a feeling. Love is the end result of a successful long term relationship, not the beginning. You can start out with just attraction, compatibility, and a few other factors, decide to commit to one another, work hard to maintain all the good stuff in the face of various adversities, and if you come through enough of them intact, you're going to love that other person, even if circumstances force you apart.

• doug g

It is this thought, you have had more yesterdays than you will have tomorrows.

You haven't made it to where you thought you would have.

Some one 20 yrs your junior is now your boss.

Your thoughts are more on retirement and if there will be enough and what does happen when we die.

And yes women are still beautiful but there not giving you a second glance, and your wife isn't as interested in you as she once was.

So to answer you question it may be one both or one thing causes the other, look how many people are on antidepressants and other meds now. Invest in pharmaceuticals

• Dragon

It's a reality, but some don't handle the fear of aging (and ultimately, of death) by going out and getting a young lover. Some get sports cars or something else that makes them feel invigorated in some other way...the key is making themselves feel better rather than worrying about aging/dying.

reality for sure,,, those who acquired some maturity along the way, coupled with a honest sense of who they are, tend to deal with it better.

On the other hand,,, someone who has lived in a plasticized world striving for images will deal with it by over reacting,,, most likely just as they have always done when confronted with something strange to their life style and accepted thinking.

Me personally ? I just shrugged my shoulders, changed my eyeglasses, decided I could not control what is beyond my reach, and continued to get up each morning.

If you ran around in high school, you probably will never get over the ideation of conquering something young. Myself I have never thought about a younger woman, always equated it to my kids, like dating a daughter, then the thought scares me as to how can they do that.

Both....his malfunctioning brain tells him its a GREAT IDEA to get it on with some young "strange"....what an eye opener that could be!

old age creeping in. he wants to feel young. it is true. male menopause.

lt's reality...

But that does not mean they go for a young thing...

lt means that they are having trouble coping with mid life.

• kiki

It's real ... but you're still too young to think about that! :p