Obama did not run his campaign on the "race" issue, but lately, all I've seen on TV are specials about how?

proud African Americans are about his election! It is quite difficult to separate the man from his race and background, but the same can be said about most other people as well. So what happened to his slogans and promises of hope and change??? I think he is a very smart guy, and I will wait and reserve my... show more proud African Americans are about his election! It is quite difficult to separate the man from his race and background, but the same can be said about most other people as well. So what happened to his slogans and promises of hope and change??? I think he is a very smart guy, and I will wait and reserve my judgment after he has had a couple of years in office, but what do you think about the "black" issue. Yes, I know tomorrow is MLK day! At my house we call it "Diversity Day!"