Will schools one day really have to present "intelligent design" alongside scientific theory?

Is there really enough support for intelligent design in science classrooms for this to become a widespread thing? Or is it just a few loud nuttos that won't really get anywhere? I have no issue with teaching kids about religious ideas. I wish they would just so that we can better accept each other by... show more Is there really enough support for intelligent design in science classrooms for this to become a widespread thing?

Or is it just a few loud nuttos that won't really get anywhere?

I have no issue with teaching kids about religious ideas. I wish they would just so that we can better accept each other by learning what other people believe.However, intelligent design is in no way science! Why can't it go into a social studies course where it belongs?

And what happens when the kids get to college and meet real scientists?
Update: In science, a theory is something that has had tons of evidence collected and reviewed by experts.

It is not just a guess.