Can anyone please tell me what "emo" means?

I really don't have any idea.

Update:

Thanks, that helps.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Emo originated as being a form of rock music, but today's society has made it so much more.

An "emo" kid often wears black, or vibrant colors. Tight pants, striped shirt, unlaced shoes. Oddly cut hair that only they think is cool. And the funny thing is, there are like, a billion of them, and each one thinks it's being "unique" by dressing this way.

An "emo" is VERY emotional. I mean, it's crazy. If the lunch lady only gives them one scoop of mashed potatoes, they'll probably cry and go home, write in their diary, about how horrible life is.

While cutting is a serious problem for some people, "emos" just do it to show off. Scars are the new cool thing for them. Boys wear makeup and nail polish, but supposedly aren't gay. It's like they wanna be a girl. I don't get it, at all.

An "emo" cannot be seen alone. There is always a group of them! Usually at the movies or the mall. When they're alone, they get, that's right...emotional. They're obsessed with the Twilight books, and vampires in general.

The "emo" kids think that the world hates them. Let's not let them down.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Emo is a genre of music that originated from hardcore punk and later adopted pop punk influences when it became mainstream in the United States.

Today emo is commonly tied to both music and fashion as well as an inspiration toward the emo subculture, and the term "emo" is sometimes stereotyped with tight jeans on males and females alike, long fringe (bangs) brushed to one side of the face or over one or both eyes, dyed black, straight hair, tight t-shirts (sometimes short sleeved) which often bear the names of emo bands (or other designer shirts), studded belts, belt buckles, canvas sneakers or skate shoes or other black shoes and thick, black horn-rimmed glasses. This fashion has at times been characterized as a fad. In recent years the popular media have associated emo with a stereotype that includes being emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angsty. It is also associated with depression, self-injury, and suicide.

EMOtional < Emo.

Source(s): Wikipedia. :3
  • 1 decade ago

goth is not the same thing as emo.

emo stands for emotional but the people to which emo refers are more like OVER emotional ...

i mean please we all are emotional at some point or another.

these kids are just in the phase of their life when they overreact.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

EMOtional

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

A goth kid who cries about his mommies drinking, or something stupid

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.