tawn
tawn asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Why do you read......?

also, name the current book you are reading <3

reading gives me my escape when im battling inner demons with myself and makes me happy

thats why i read

also im currently reading interview with the vampire by anne rice

• Favorite Answer

i read because no matter what issue I have, or whatever problem I have, it all vanishes when I read. And because reading has the power to transfer real life emotions to me, and make them real. Reading givese me a chance to be someone, or somewhere, else for a while.

And currently, I am reading th 2nd Harry Potter book again, because for some reason I decided I should read all the books over again, to get the full effect.

:]

I think I read to escape as well.

I know it sounds kind of cliche, but there are some points in your life where everyday seems to become kind of monotonous - I read to remind myself, oh yeah, there are other worlds out there that are different from this one.

Its also nice to gain knowledge about new things. Some of the things I've read in books, I never would have experienced myself, and never would have known otherwise. Its just neat how reading one book can change a person's entire perspective on life: so reading many books can make the world an entirely different place.

I'm reading The Metamorphosis right now (the story of the guy who turns into a giant bug). Its a little morbid, but its interesting. An odd but intriguing book :)

I read because it's fun and I like sort of "escaping into another world", weird and corny as that sounds! I'm currently reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyers, because I've had it recommended to me by several friends and the film was brilliant! I'm reading lots of other books along with this, but that's the one I'm mainly focusing on. I love the Harry Potter series also, some classics and lots more! I've been reading less lately though as I've been quite busy, but I'm trying to get back into the habit because I do love it!

That's why I read, too. Because in a book, you can be anyone/do anything you want to. It's magical. And so much more excitment/drama happens in books.

I'm reading And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, in school, but for pleasure, I'm reading Sealed with a Diss by Lisi Harrison. They are both SO GOOD!! I would NEVER have gone for a book like ATTWN, but it's SO amazing! I LOVE IT :)

If you want some recommendations, email me!

I read because I feel like it is good for me. It gives my brain something to pass the time with, and it doesn't feel as mind-numbing as sitting around watching television. Plus, I think there are a lot more options when it comes to reading than movies or TV, and I like the little bit of freedom you get by imagining some things yourself. I feel like I learn more from reading than by doing other things to pass time.

Unfortunately, I'm not currently reading anything for myself. The school semester just started, so right now I'm just reading my various textbooks. I just finished reading the Twilight series before the semester started, and I read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury during my first couple days of class.

Reading is my way of chilling out. I have a pretty hectic life so when im alone i just find a book and read. Its calming and relaxing.

I love Harry Potter series and Twilight series. And Im starting to read Wicked by Gregory Maguire. But my all time favorite author is Sarah Dessen. She is an amazing writer. Also i like Carolyn Mackler but her writing is a little juvenile but i still like it.

I read because it is an escape from pathetic life. Reading for me is an adventure. I want love, passion, romance, excitement adventure. I don't get those in my everyday life so I read instead.

I am currently reading the fourth book in the vampire kisses series

I read cause it is an easy escape from reality.

Good for the imagination. And I will be starting on the Da Vinci code here in about a day when my friend is done reading it.

It's an escape. I definitely read to get out of my life and away from bad memories. It's a better drug of choice than cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, sex, rock n roll. Okay I really like rock n roll. I've been doing this too long tonight...I'm getting goofy. What really bums me out is that I'm still a bad speller. Thank God for spell check!

I read to escape.

Sounds corny, and it is.

Still true, though.

I'm re-reading an autobiography by Cupcake Brown, called A Piece of Cake. Its really good. Though admittedly its more like stepping into a nightmare rather than a dream-world..