catnurse2600 asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Can thinking to much make you lightheaded? And can excessive thinking also give you mild confusion?

for example there was this thought that my mind dwelt on for weeks & I tried getting rid of it by thinking of all types of things songs, movies, you name it, but as I was in that thinking process lying down I felt like I was swaying to a certain degree, then as I woke up this morning I felt as though I was a little bit detached from this world!!

Favorite Answer

Yes, happens to me all the time. Too much neurological activity in the brain. But afterward, it can be good because your expanding your range of neuroplasticity which can improve short-term memory, and help you become smarter.

But, this is only for like work and stuff. If you by stressing is 'thinking'. Try to stop, and sort things out. But excersing your brain will make it work better. The lightheadedness and mild confusion is like when your muscles are sore after a workout.

Thinking too much is a common cause of a wide range of negative energy.

Excessive thoughts grind away out of control , each time they come around they can become bigger. This is the background events that cause stress related problems to become, larger than life, and lead to a range of unbalanced behaviour.

I suggest you enroll in a meditation group in your area or Google; meditation relaxation