Fiction more enjoyable than nonfiction?

Hey guys, wat r ur opinions about fiction? How r they more interesting to read, makes u more creative, or easier to read than nonfictions? Just asking for some ideas. : )

Best Answer

I definately like reading fiction books rather than nonfiction. Authors can go beyond real life and make situations come out perfectly (or not)...for example, I like reading teen love stories who, of course, the guy and girl always meet at the end ♥

don't get me wrong, I like nonfiction books too...but just not as much 'enjoyable' as fiction

• Echion

Depends on the writer. Always. If the writer can't involve the reader in the story (whether fiction or non-fiction) then it's hard to enjoy.

Of course there is non-fiction that is not to be enjoyed but merely to inform. It's still funny how a book about something obscure and hard to read can inspire a writer to create both a fiction and a non-fiction book.

Take J.R.R. Tolkien, who was a teacher in Oxford and who brought into his Hobbit and Lord of the Rings a lot of what he researched in real life (english and welsh folk lore) and think of Brad Stoker who got his inspiration from a genuine historical figure like Vlad, the Impaler and created Dracula or how about a economic treatise analysis can actually be more fiction than non-fiction (personal bias blurs the lines separating the two and it's one of the ways to lead public opinion into specific directions).

Normally what I consider an absolute bore to read in non-fiction is the so called biographies of political figures and analysis of events such as wars and stuff due to being highly biased in their approach. Journalists who write fiction that I enjoy are few and far between. There are no Hemingways any more (and virtually none who write in his style have had the wealth of life experiences he had).

What makes someone more creative doesn't necessarily make someone else more creative: You have to have your style and your way of doing things and that works through trial and error and, above all, practice.

• 6

I think one is just as enjoyable as the other. Fiction is great because it can get pretty creative and it can play with your imagination but non fiction, if it's about a topic I'm interested in is something I can relate to as not all fiction can do that for me. I don't know whether or not biographies are considered non fiction but I like learning interesting facts about the world around me. Textbooks are boring but books about the Holocaust are so interesting to me. I love reading up on history. I'm one of those people who believe that history is doomed to repeat itself if we don't learn about it.

I enjoy fantasy the most, so fiction is my favorite, or historical fiction. But nonfiction can be fascinating as well. Plus you can take ideas from history and use them to write a work of fiction! So they're all good to me!

Fiction is more enjoyable, and easier to remember. Non- Fiction is harder to test on, because it's straight facts. I personally think that fiction sort of helps you expand your imagination, and lets you think whatever you want about the story, ya know sort of make it how you want it to be.

=) Hope that this helps

Until recently, I was all about non-fiction. Then I started reading fiction and had more fun. Some books suck, but the last one I read was so riveting that I haven't picked up another book since, because I doubt it can be topped.

I like fiction better as the writer can be more creative and because i know it isn't true i don't have to feel sorry for anyone.

i like Both, Matters what its on. Text books? BORING. books on places, matters on the place to me. i like to learn, I took out all for the books about Egypt when i was 8 and then i had a Holocoust Thing so i took out books about it, direys all that fun stuff. I dont know, I look books, I like fiction because There just so good adn random and really as a writter you can put anything in it, well as long as you know how to spell and use grammar.. then you can, other wise people read your books and stuff and are like "uhm... what?!" But ya, im 17 adn i like both. as long as it isnt boring text book, or about a boring subject i like the books. <3

i never like boring books of either type..

Source(s): Me

fiction (my opinion) is WAY better! it takes you out of reality and into a whole new world! yay, fiction!

Im all for fiction, though i like non-fiction too.

I think i like to read something that doesn't happen to you daily.

And i get really into d stuff i read, so its like an out-of-the-world kinda expierience.