ram k asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

why this aquarium people like this?

i am very interest in to get into the aquarium field. but the aquarist are always trying to cheat me instead of encourage me. i like to breed many standard breed fishes and sell all over the world to maintain the standard of the fish. but no one is ready to help me and encourage me n this field. y they are all like this?

Favorite Answer

Hi Ram,

I will definitely support you. though not a large scale, during my school days, I use to breed Guppy, Platy, Molley, Zebra danio, Rosy Barbs and have supplied to local stores (in Orissa) to keep my hobby alive and to earn little pocket money. After 5 years of successful business, I closed my home aquarium and the breeding tanks for higher education. after 7 years I started tank again( but no breeding tank)

This is how I started my little business:

I used to buy my aquarium stuffs from 2 local stores and I developed that relationship with these stores. I had a big backyard at home. So bought few cement tanks 4' x 1.5' and started with plants ( cabomba & Vallisneria). my local store was very happy to take my stocks because my plants were fresh (no damage by transportation). I think my 1st batch of plants was about Rs 200 (in 1990). That encouraged me to start a fish supply. I used the Plant tanks as breeding tank and started with Molly. It was a quick win and then I added many more. I also used to get small sharks from store grow them in my planted outdoor tanks and then sell them to the same store. After few months my supply chain was streamlined and I had to supply once per week based on pre-orders. I think I had small but successful business. Most important, I enjoyed my little business.

if you are looking for a large scale production, you may have to do a little research on how you are going to market them.

I am currently developing a website (http://aquariumhomecare.com) dedicated to Indian Aquarists. I would be glad to have you as a member. You can use my site to promote your new Business.

if you have any question, mail me

ILoveMyFishTank@googlemail.com

Good Luck.

Deepak

I am a novice at the aquarium thing, bout a year at it. Started with guppies and platys, now at the level of plecos, bumblebee gobies and angelfish. I'm not the best, but I'm encouraging you. It's really fun and exciting, but alot of money involved, and certainly alot of worry, concern, and some annoyance. Sometimes you love ur fish, and the tank seems perfect, but make one wrong move and it all goes down hill. But keep researching every day, or however often, but a fair amount of research. Good sites... hard work... and a fair bit of money is involved in fish keeping... but research and stay at it... very rewarding!

its quite simple ram, u r cheated because of u small or less amt f knowledge.i too was cheated many times ,i bought fishes 4 price which were of not that worth , but now there is lot of improvement us internet in proper way u will come to knowthe difference

You wld always have competition around u and whenever u want to do business the others feel a little insure !!!!

because they consider you as a competitor not a team mate...i think that it's up to your abilities and try not to rely on them...go on and research...it feels better if the success is all because of your hardwork...

probably because it is a competitive field

may be because the field has a high demand......