Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Do nice guys really finish last?

A girl I know always says that I'm "too polite" and I feel she actually dislikes the fact that I apologize, always smile and offer to help. She slowly drifted away from me and we barely talk now and I'm thinking..."is it because I was too polite?"

Do girls really just like those "bad" boys?

I mean, it's not like I'll change myself for someone else but...why?

Favorite Answer

Nice guys actually finish first, in the long term. However, in the short term, it will seem like you're loosing. It's all about sacrifices. You could finish first now and finish last later or vice versa. Definitely, don't change for anyone! I try to not do the same but somehow end up caring too much about what others think. I tend to try and read people... so, randomly so, you do care about what people think, don't you? Could that be one of the reasons why you're so polite? Or, are you just sensitive? You must have a rather high EQ (emotional quotient) to be able to honestly care about others. Now that I think about it more, I come to the comclusion that you are "always" polite because if you weren't, your conscience would bother you about it. Am I right? Please tell me if I am; I only have so little information to rely on. It's not at all a "bad" thing to be polite, but there are extremes to everything. I suppose she could just want you to let go and be less in control of yourself. For me, I can't stand it when guys are so controlled, but it's in a different way than yours. Specifically, it's when guys hide there emotions and sometimes don't even let themselves feel certain emotions. THAT makes me angry, not being polite. Pride, I suppose it is. As far as girls falling for "bad" boys, well, it depends on the girl. First of all, the number one thing to look for in another person is how much they have in common with you (this includes personality traits). Based on what you've said, it sounds like you don't have that many common personality traits. Now, for example, if you were impatient, you wouldn't want to look for someone else who was also impatient. However, if you are very sweet and polite, then you should look for someone else who is also. I can see you impressing some girl you randomly meet who has lived most of her life not really being respected, or maybe who wasn't treated very nicely as a child. That girl would always be thankful for the way you are. That girl you could help and protect. The girl you're with now, however... I don't think that you're a good match. Forgive me for judging; I try not to most of the time. I hope that some of this info was useful to you, and I hope you find yourself a good balance.

Girls say I'm too nice too. I think they always go for the so called "bad" guys as well. Look at it this way, most of those guys don't really have a future being "bad" guys always getting in trouble with the law or they just really have nothing good going for themselves. When girls realize that, they want good guys like us that actually have a future and are making something out of it. Girls who leave you will eventually realize what they don't have anymore and they'll want it back. Every girl that has broken up with me comes running back after they realize what they have lost after being with "bad" guys.

Don't know if i answered your question, but never change yourself for someone else. It's not worth it because you will eventually find someone that likes you for you!

no, not always. those bad boys usually end up cheating, doing drugs, and going to jail, and girls wont like them then. depends on the guy, well to me at least if ur cute have a good personality, funny confident, and have respect towards me, then id prob marry u lol, so in the long run nice guys come out on top. LOL

They do if they continue to ask questions. Basicly, the bad guys deprive all the young 18 year old virgins of their virginity and us nice guys are left to pick up the peices.