Computer problem! Help fast please.?

My friends's computer is messed up and we don't understand how or why. He was playing a game with me online when he computer began to act funny, and the screen went blank and the computer began to beep loudly. I told him to unplug it for a few and plug it back in but no luck. His mom won't take it in... show more My friends's computer is messed up and we don't understand how or why. He was playing a game with me online when he computer began to act funny, and the screen went blank and the computer began to beep loudly. I told him to unplug it for a few and plug it back in but no luck. His mom won't take it in to get fixed so he has to be himself. Any idea what went wrong? Its still beeping with a black screen.
Update: Oh no...thats not good...Lol, and whats wrong with playing a game ever now and then? I help my mother all the time, and he's the only boy.... -.-
Update 2: And is there any fixing it?