Teen Writing Contest, what to write ?

I'm entering a fiction teen writing contest. It's for short stories, 500 words or less. I have NO IDEA what to write about, can you give me some ideas ?

• Carrie
    Best Answer

Best Friends: Make this story about two best friends that are tworn apart by school, but they come back together.

Breakup's/ Make-Ups: Make this story about girl and a guy who are going out he cheated on her and then with the help with their friends bring them back together

School Drama (not the class): A group of girlfriends are being bullied by the school's " Miss Popularity" but they defaet her and her pack

If you want to enter the contest then you have to be able to think of your own ideas. If anybody on Yahoo had brilliant ideas for stories, they'd be writing the stories themselves. All I can suggest is to find somewhere quiet and write down anything that comes to mind. Or listen to some music you like and try and create a story with that. Like if the song is about a relationship, then create a back-story for the relationship and work from there. If you want to write then it has to be your own.

Hm. Well being a writer myself I don't know if I can really give you ideas. I'm still trying to come up with ideas for my personification poem and metaphor poems due Tuesday (I love to write stories but I stuck at poetry).

What I usually do when I can't think of what to write about I go to google and type in "writing prompts". I click on whatever and look through whatever prompts they have. It actually helps to get my idea's and creative juices flowing - I do that, write, and listen to music. Maybe you can try.

Sorry if it didn't help though. Oh and I wish you the best of luck!

Well, what interests you?

Sci-fi?

Horror?

Fantasy?

Thriller?

If you can figure that out first, then it'll be really easy to figure out what you want to write about. Write in the form of a diary entry about your day at a school for witches. Or maybe on a spaceship, but with a tone like it was no big deal? How about a journal entry of a kidnap victim?

You just need to find your inspiration and let the words flow!

Making up/breaking up

Graduation