Teen Writing Contest, what to write ?

I'm entering a fiction teen writing contest. It's for short stories, 500 words or less. I have NO IDEA what to write about, can you give me some ideas ?

Best Answer

I can direct you to some sites that can help you generate ideas, but you have to come up with the actual story yourself, it has to be something you are passionate about or you will never stick to it.

If you want to enter the contest then you have to be able to think of your own ideas. If anybody on Yahoo had brilliant ideas for stories, they'd be writing the stories themselves.

All I can suggest is to find somewhere quiet and write down anything that comes to mind. Or listen to some music you like and try and create a story with that. Like if the song is about a relationship, then create a back-story for the relationship and work from there. If you want to write then it has to be your own.

So this is supposed to be YOUR writing for a contest and yet you're lacking your own ideas. Nice. Come up with your own ideas or don't do the contest just yet.

• sheesh that's tough! How about a girl who's dead mother appears in her dreams and tells her what she should watch out for the next day, and then it happens. You could make it save her life.

*The Twilight Zone theme song*

anything that comes to mind..ur life..true story of something ..or maybe a touching story....hope i helped

write about something you have experienced something from your heart