Abercrombie, Hollister, and American Eagle?

why do they ask how many items your taking into the dressing room, yet, when you come out they don't see if you still have the same amount?

isn't that wierd? i mean, people steal from those stores, i saw a group of teenage girls steal from hollister yesterday.

Favorite Answer

Cause they're dumb. I stole a $40 shirt Hollister, I just graped it and put it in my purse. Never done it to Abercombie. Amercian Eagle is easy, the beepers don't actual work, same with Hollister. Both items still had the ink tags and it didn't go off. Plus Holliter is so damn loud and DARK.

easy peasy.

Most stores I go to check how many items you go into the dressing room with. No stores have ever checked me going out though. I normally give the dressing room attendant the things I don't want, and move on. Most stores have effective ways of preventing stealing. Not all clothing, but most of it will have those little ink things on them, and then the alarms should go off. I mean, I can't even walk into Abercrombie with a Hollister bag without the alarm going off! If anything was stolen, it was probably clearance items or something that they throw on those tables there. People steal from every store, and there is only so much people can do about it. Also, every store is different. I don't think the stealing problem is that huge of an issue though.... at least, I've never noticed it. There is no way to 100% guarantee that nobody will steal from any store. But I do know that at one of the American Eagle stores where I live, they don't even let you take certain types of clothing into the dressing room with you. (No button downs, polos, underwear, accessories, any of that stuff.)

• madill

right here in Chicago we've Plato's Closet, that's a save that buys used call form clothing and sells them for a miles less high priced cost. i'm constructive you do not choose 2d hand clothing yet they only settle for clothing in marvelous shape. If that doesn't paintings for you attempt: Marshalls, TJ Max, Filene's Basement or perhaps even fee city. solid success!

Ugh, I hate those stores.

Overpriced clothes.

All those shirts advertise the store, your like a walking talking advertisement:P.

Source(s): Love,BellaMay♥

it's because they don't want you to be so long if there's a line. it wouldn't be considerate if you went into a dressing room for 20 minutes when there are a bunch of people waiting behind you! it's common courtesy!

Source(s): i am smart ;) and i luv a&f

i don't know, i don't shop at those stores..they want to make sure your not going to take like an hour trying on mountains of clothes.

I don't shop at those stores too often.

True,there just dumb like that aha.

its not just them, all stores do that, i dont know why.