I would suggest that instead of downloading from Rhapsody, Napster or Limewire, you use the Free Youtube to Mp3 Converter from www.dvdvideosoft.com for the following reasons:
- With limewire, they want you to share the songs you download and the songs you have. Now you can turn this option off, but who wants to go through all of that for a couple of songs? With the software I recommended, you don't have to share sh*t (Excuse the language)
2) Preview before you play
- With limewire, you have to start downloading the song before you can preview it. Now this might not sound like a problem to most, but for people with super fast internet connections that can download songs at the speed of light, you won't have the time to preview it before you plays it because it would already be on your computer. And suppose it's a virus and not the song you wanted? You see, Youtube of course lets you play the video (they don't expect you to download, so playing the video is the only thing you can do), which not only allows you to check and see whether or not it's the right song, but you can check its quality as well.
3) Virus Risks
- See, Limewire downloads from other people's computers meaning that they could've downloaded that song from anywhere. So it could potentially be a virus. But ask yourself: when was the last time you heard about Youtube having a virus? Youtube performs maintanence nearly everyday, so even if they were to get a virus, they would detect it before it could do any serious damage. Plus, this is Google, the masters of coding/programming. Hell, they probably made their own anti virus software to scan the videos before they're actually uploaded. You have to realize: Google is a huge company. They wouldn't let some bad computer code cooked up by an amateur hacker destroy something they paid over $1 billion for.
- When you download Limewire for the first time, you don't automatically start downloading music. You have to first configure what seems like thousands of unnecessary settings. These range from turning it on and off as your torrent client, to the quality, to what types of files you would like to share (why is that even there?), to settings that talk about proxies (you're probably thinking "What the hell are proxies?"). Basically, it's too much of a hassle for those of us who simply want to download a couple of songs. Well, with the software I suggested, you only do four things:
- Select the folder
- Select the quality
- Download your songs
Now, for my last point, I would like to emphasize what I stated about sharing. Now even though Limewire claims to share only the folder you told it to, you have to understand the immense amount of skilled hackers there are. You see how people who have never even heard of Limewire get their computers hacked every day, and Limewire damn near provides the tools with all of this "folder sharing" business. Plus, Limewire shares your IP Address (just like torrents), which is basically the key to your internet connection. So let's weigh the advantages and disadvantages:
Free Youtube to Mp3 Converter:
1) Shares absolutely nothing, not even the IP Address. You're not required to share with anyone else.
2) You don't have to configure 1000's of settings as soon as you start the software (as you do with limewire). You just pick the folder you want to save it to, and then start downloading
3) No viruses.
4) Preview before you play
- You can download free music
- Everything else
Now as I said before, this software is completely free, and can be downloaded from www.dvdvideosoft.com
· 1 decade ago