Isha P asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

is it ok to bring a stray cat inside ..kept in a cage?

she came to our porch in summer 08 she was a kitten..now shes bigger & its cold outside so i can i bring her inside, in a cage (a dog cage)??

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have other animals keep her seperate until checked by a vet. But to permanently make the animal live in a cage is inhumane. They are roaming animals, they need freedom too!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

sure you can bring her inside. All of our cats were once strays that we found and kept. Just be careful. Even if you don't plan on keeping her you may want to take her to a vet before you let her live with you. Just to be on the safe side. I wouldn't keep her in a cage though, she's lived her whole life wild.

• 1 decade ago

Yes you can bring her inside give it food and place to sleep

BUT NEVER keep a cat in a cage it's not healthy for a cat it will go into serious depression and it can harm it self and you guys when you let it out so. I highly suggest never putting a cat in a cage for the cats safety And health of the cat

• Quonx.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I advise you to take her to the vet for checkups, but yes it is OK to bring her in. I assume she has had human contact, as in she's OK with you and allows you to pet her, so she's not exactly a wild-out feral. A cage or some other room away from your cats (if you have them) would be ideal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

why haven't you brought her to a vet yet? yes you can bring her inside and you don't have to just keep her in a cage, it's not right to keep her in a cage all day when she is used to having freedom just get her checked out at a vet and then give her tlc end of story

• 1 decade ago

It's not ok to keep a cat in a cage for long periods of time...

• 1 decade ago

Why not give her the run of the place, and only close a few doors? If she's tame enough to let you handle her, she'll adjust to indoor living. We took in two outdoor strays and they weren't much problem adjusting.

• keezy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Do you have other cats in the house? IF so you might bring disease in other wise it is fine but the cat might not be happy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes! bring her in and give her some food and water, and a nice little blanket to sleep on.

• 1 decade ago

yes. bring her in to warm up. then either next afternoon, take her to the shelter or adopt her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.