I would like to see photo of locomotive pulling inauguration train.?
What is the model and who owns the locomotive ?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
“Mr M” provided a link to see the train that pulled that pulled the Presidential car on Saturday, January 17, 2009.
By watching the picture, the following information applies:
LOCOMOTIVE: GE Genesis (Amtrak GE P42DC) No. 44
OWNER: Amtrak (National Railroad Passenger Corporation)
CONSIST: Two Genesis locomotives; NIne AmFleet; Presidential train car
See other picture/s related to the “Presidentail car” on Saturday, January 17, 2009:
1. Rail Pictures: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=26788...
2. Rail Pictures: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=26775...
For detail information on GE Genesis and Amtrak, press one of the following links:
1. Genesis in Reference.com: http://www.reference.com/search?q=GE+P42DC
2. Genesis in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GE_Genesis
3. Amtrak: Official site: http://www.amtrak.com/
4. Lucky Genesis 44: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=26050...
5. AmFleet in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amfleet
Hope this informaion will help a bit!Source(s): Rail Pictures http://www.railpictures.com/ Wikipedia http://www.wikipedia.org/ Reference.com http://www.reference.com/ Other sites visited
- Whatever4Lv 71 decade ago
It looked like a regular Amtrak engine, number 44.
- Anonymous1 decade ago