11. What is the function of the Securities and Exchange Commission?
- Anonymous1 decade agoBest Answer
The SEC has broad authority over the securities industry. This includes the power to register, regulate, and oversee brokerage firms, transfer agents, and clearing agencies as well as the nation's self regulatory organizations (SROs).
1. The Securities Exchange Act of 1934 empowers the SEC to require periodic reporting of information by companies with publicly traded securities.
2. The Act also provides the SEC with disciplinary powers over regulated entities and persons associated with them.Source(s): www.sec.gov/about/laws.shtml Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- 6 years ago
3. What are the three types of business entities, and how do they differ?