Chances of getting into the University of Minnesota?

I want to know my chances of being admitted to the University of Minnesota next fall (2009). The U is my top school I want to attend. I have an ACT score of 23 and 3.7 GPA (top 30% of class of 550 students). By the time I graduate, I have taken 6 AP courses and 4 Honors courses and 3 CIS courses. I am involved in extracurricular activities- NHS, SNHS, Debate, Student Council etc.... I am in the first generation to attend a 4 year college and I have work experience. I have 4 years of each subject. What are my chances of getting into the U of M- Twin Cities?

I am also actively involved in volunteering in my community.

• emily
    Favorite Answer

You do have a chance to get in in my opinion, but it is certainly not guaranteed. In a lot of ways it depends on what type of program you are applying for as some colleges at the U of M are much more difficult to get into than others. It is clear that you have challenged yourself throughout high school and have met all the requirements.

I guess you will just need to wait and see! :) I have seen students with similar profiles as yours go either way.

Source(s): http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/academics/profile.htm... High School teacher in the TC

You've got a pretty good shot at getting in. I applied there last year with a 3.6 GPA and a 26 ACT, but not many extracurriculars. I got wait-listed and finally got in towards the end of the year. It's a sweet school, but make sure that a big school is right for you. If not, Mankato is always a good option. (That's what I decided!) You might get put on the waiting list for a few months, but I'd say you will most likely get in. Best of luck.