Answers and input would be very appreciated - long story - venting?

I got pregnant in March of last year. Throughout my entire pregnancy, my boyfriends been nothing but supportive about having a baby. He showed excitement, went to doctor visits and ultrasounds, helped me with everything, etc. He quit his cocain addiction(supposedly, I don't know. He says he did but I... show more I got pregnant in March of last year. Throughout my entire pregnancy, my boyfriends been nothing but supportive about having a baby. He showed excitement, went to doctor visits and ultrasounds, helped me with everything, etc. He quit his cocain addiction(supposedly, I don't know. He says he did but I can't tell for sure) The night I told him I was pregnant he promised to quit smoking ciggarets and pot(6 weeks). To my joy, he did quit smoking. I was so happy and proud of him.
Then at about 12 weeks, we kinda started arguing a little. We blocked out the emotional stress because I was hormonal but we'd never fought before. The fights started getting a little worse as time progressed until near the end of my pregancy when he started becoming a straight up dick a lot of the time. Then I found out that he never stopped smoking either cigs or pot - that he was just hiding it from me and lieing the whole time. Also that he'd been doing coke when I was about 4 months and mushrooms when I was about 5 months. Then I started watching him closley and started finding alot of small stupid things he'd lie about. It's so bad, I almost wonder if he's a pathological liar.
The one thing he's done that was productive through the 40 weeks(his one job to do that he bestowed on himself) was renovate the trailor he lives in to make it livable for a child. All he's had to do to 3 differant rooms and a kitchen, was strip paneling. Tear down the soft trailor ceiling. Put up sheetrock. Mud. Sand. Tear out carpet and instal snap-in hardwood. It shouldn't take that long, but for some reason he's STILL not done.
We got a kitten in September. He was the one that wanted to bring her home. I didn't want a cat at that point in time, but he did. We get her home and about a week later, he hates her. He then abused that cat until the day I gave her a safer home.
Then I had our baby girl on 12/12/2008.
I was in labor from 3:30am to 8:11am. He didn't get up to help me until 6am. He'd wake up, prop himself up on an elbow and look over at me, then throw the blanket over his head and lay back down. Afterward he tried to say it was my mother and my fault that we "didn't wake him up". He would've had to have been DEAD to sleep through that.
Afterward he played sick in the hospital room and slept until we were released. Then after we got to the hotel room he proceded to his friends house in 8 degree weather to get stoned. After we got back to our hometown I stayed at my moms until he finished his trailor. It took him to about 5 days ago to get to where he is(half the floor needs to have hardwood layed - that's it) and he just stopped. Throughout that time, he comes over anywhere between 10pm to midnight and falls asleep. Then wakes up and leaves anywhere between 7am and 10am. He rarely wakes up to help with the baby(she's breast and bottle fed) and when he does, he's pissy and doesn't ever pick her up. The times he'll actually hold her, he's edgy and jerks her when he's bouncing her. Not hard jerking, but it very quick and short bounces.
When I brought up the fact he never takes care of her he says it's because I only want help at night when it's the hardest to take care of her.
1. He never comes over until night. He never even CALLS until like 10pm.
2.) DUH! It's the hardest time to take care of her! What am I supposed to do it ALL by myself??
Everytime I call over to the trailor, he's never in the act of working on the house. He's either just getting ready to, or just getting done. Or he's taking a break or watching a movie or just plain hanging out. Except every time he uses one of those excuses, there's a housefull of people over there. I've told him over and over again that I don't want a few specific people over there and no smoking in the house and he promises he'll stop, but he still hasn't. One person who is ALWAYS there(literaly from dawn until dusk) is a sex offender who isn't even supposed to be around kids. Then he asks why I never bring the baby over. He's called basically from the day we got back to tell me he was going to go hang out with one of his friends(who is a meth addict) then he comes back and says how much he's missed us - when he's been hanging out with other people for hours! Why doesn't he come see her for a bit if he misses her so much??
He seems to me like he doesn't care. He doesn't want to grow up.
So I suggested I get my own place. He agrees suprisingly without loosing his temper. He said if we ever broke up that we were splitting the custody 50/50 and if I didn't agree to that he'd take me to court.
Would they give custody to someone who has a sex offender at his house 24/7?
Then today I call to let him know we needed to go to the courthouse to get the affidavit of paternity noterised(HE EVEN BROUGHT HIS SEX OFFENDER FRIEND TO THE COURTHOUSE!). On it I put both our last names down hyphoned. I didn't tell him beforehand because I knew he'd loos
Update: loosing his temper. He said if we ever broke up that we were splitting the custody 50/50 and if I didn't agree to that he'd take me to court. Would they give custody to someone who has a sex offender at his house 24/7? Then today I call to let him know we needed to go to the courthouse to get the... show more loosing his temper. He said if we ever broke up that we were splitting the custody 50/50 and if I didn't agree to that he'd take me to court.
Then today I call to let him know we needed to go to the courthouse to get the affidavit of paternity noterised(HE EVEN BROUGHT HIS SEX OFFENDER FRIEND TO THE COURTHOUSE!). On it I put both our last names down hyphoned. I didn't tell him beforehand because I knew he'd loose his temper and I didn't know what he'd do. He's not observant at all so I figured he wouldn't even notice.
He did.
Afterward he freaked out and started yelling about how it wasn't right and that she didn't have his last name and won't talk to me. He's sitting at his trailor with about 6 other people smoking pot and talking trash about me and my mother(I know because I've been texting a friend of mine over there) Personaly, we're not married. We're not planning on GETTING married.
Update 2: I carried her. I labored her. I'VE been the only one taking care of her. She's MY baby too, so why can't she have my last name as well as his?? How selfish can he be?! I want to leave him, but I'm scared about the custody threats. He's VERY good at lieing and convincing people otherwise.... show more I carried her. I labored her. I'VE been the only one taking care of her. She's MY baby too, so why can't she have my last name as well as his?? How selfish can he be?! I want to leave him, but I'm scared about the custody threats. He's VERY good at lieing and convincing people otherwise. and I don't know if his dad would help him get it. I don't feel he'd take care of her. All the people going to his house have bad reputations. He's lazy when it comes to taking care of her. I think he'd pawn her off on his dad or his drug addicted and alchoholic mother. I feel like I'm going insane!