Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why do guys prefer to date a non- attractive popular girl than a attractive nice girl that is not popular?

Hi, i am in 7th grade 12 years old and i am not saying that i want to date but i noticed that guys in my school prefer to date a non attractive popular girl than a girl who is attractive but not popular. Why is that???

Best Answer

They're kids.

Once you're out of school, popularity isn't so important.

Also, you could just be noticing the popular guys. The unpopular ones might have a huge crush on the unpopular girl, but he's too shy to ask her out, and she's too infatuated with Mr. Popular to notice.

It's school... sometimes it makes no sense, just how it works.

Because most popular people are very social and confident, and have high self-esteem. Many people like being around people who have an upbeat personality, which definitely would describe someone who is popular since they get most of the attention. They aren't shy, are well liked, and probably have a lot going for them. This doesn't mean they're better than you at all, just that some of their qualities and characteristics show more. Besides, looks aren't everything.

I dont want a popular girl. Guys and girls will grow out of that by year 10 for sure.

guys will go for girls that are very pretty on the outside and not look on the inward appearance... you will find guys that looks on the inside and not the out and popular girls always want to get the cutest guy's attention all the time! I don't care for popular girls :P

I never did that. I always went for the least popular girl because they weren't full of themselves.

Source(s): Popular people are annoying.

because it good for they're "image" they want to b popular. and they like girls with an "edge" but those guys r just usually airheads who only care about popularity.

they wanna b popular and usually the populars r the ones who r ëasy"to get bcause they like 2 have lots of bfs. this gurl from my skool is like that.

most guys think that if they go out with a popular they will have instant popularity

• Because they're idiots who like following certain kinds of people. and i Guess they want to be "popular" too. -_-

Cause they want to be popular too -_-