locloc08 asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

What are the top three greatest Super Bowls ever? ?

They don't have to be in order.

I think:

Super Bowl III: Jets 16-7 Colts

Super Bowl XIII: Steelers 35-31 Cowboys

Super Bowl XLII: Giants 17-14 Patriots

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Giants vs Pats last year I was their!

Rams vs Titans

49ers vs Bengals

Sorry i don't know the Years.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Super Bowl III: Jets 16-7 Colts

Super Bowl XLII: Giants 17-14 Patriots

Super Bowl XXV Giants 20- 19 Bills

• Super Bowl III, New York Jets vs. Baltimore Colts - Okay, I know this game was about four hundred years ago, but it is still one of the greatest ever played. Not only was it one of the biggest upsets in professional sports, but it also gave birth to "The Guarantee" when Joe Namath, the quarterback of the Jets, promised a New York Victory.

This game, an AFL-NFL Championship, involved the heavily favored Baltimore Colts, representing the NFL, and the underdog New York Jets, representing the AFL. Played in Miami, four quarters saw Joe Namath throw for 206 yards on his way to being named MVP. Though favored by twenty points in some books, the Colts were unable to even keep the game within one score as the Jets went on to a 16-7 victory.

Super Bowl XXV, Buffalo Bills vs. New York Giants - For the years prior to this Super Bowl, the NFC had completely dominated championship games; there hadn't been a close Super Bowl in what seemed like forever. But, enter the Buffalo Bills, a team that would lose, but only by one point, making this the closest Super Bowl in history.

A game that took place in the middle of the Gulf War, this game was marked by patriotism, a backup Giant's quarterback, and a last minute field goal that was just a bit outside. As time expired, kicker Scott Norwood became the loneliest guy in the world as he watched his field goal attempt sail wide right. The Giants nearly named him MVP as they claimed a 20-19 victory.

Super Bowl XXXVI, New England Patriots vs. St. Louis Rams - In what is now viewed as the beginning of a dynasty, the New England Patriots claimed their first Super Bowl victory. A season that was marked by a grave reality check, with the attacks on September 11th, it seemed only fitting that a team called the "Patriots" would prevail.

Heavily labeled as an underdog, the New England Patriots jumped to a 17-3 lead over the St. Louis Rams. The Rams, refusing to hand over the championship reigns, tied the score as the game drew to a close. However, as time expired, the greatest clutch kicker in football, Adam Vinatieri, made a game winning 48 yard field goal, showing Scott Norwood exactly how it's done. The Patriots won 20-17.

Honorable Metion

Super bowl XXXIV Titans-Rams 23-16 Rams

• Alex C
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

XXXIV: Rams 23-16 Titans

XXXVIII: Patriots 32-29 Panthers

XLII: Giants 17-14 Patriots

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • speedo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I agree with your picks, I may put the undefeated Dolphins in there somewhere, tough choice. Even though I am a Steelers fan, the Giants win over the Patriots last year was the best.

• GaryE
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

XVII Redskins 27 Dolphins 17

XXII Redskins 42 Broncos 10

XXVI Redskins 37 Bills 24

Hail to the Redskins!!!!

-- Edit

No I am not a little biased!

I am a lot biased!!!! LOL

Sorry but those will always be the top 3 for me. I went to a private high school and when the Redskins won XVII the headmaster gave us all the day off on Monday -- it was awesome!!!

• 1 decade ago

a little biased are we garyE

i agree with your picks except i would flip flop XIII with XLII in that order

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

25, 34 & 38

• 1 decade ago

definatly agree with gary

GO SKINS

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

yes

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.