40 weeks, and I think I can feel my babies head?

This might sound silly or be a little to much info but here it goes...

I am 40 weeks and I am trying to keep on my feat and active to help move my baby along. This is my second child and I just need this pregnancy over with!

Well after awhile of being on my feet today I felt some pressure down there, and I felt like my vagina was open.... does that make seance? I felt like it was being held open?? So I laid down in front of a mirror and looked to see what it looked like. And the whole area down there is pushing out a bit and my vagina looked different!! I poked around (not inside but around the perineum area, and on the outside of my pelvis...) it feels like the babies head is pushing down......

Is this what I'm feeling? I have been having off and on contractions today but nothing regular or strong. And I'm not leaking any fluid......

I think I lost my plug weeks ago, but I've had no bloody show....

Do you always have bloody show before going into labor?

Favorite Answer

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 41 weeks pregnant today and it feels like something is going on. Having contractions, but they're not regular. Some mucus plug came out this morning and I don't know -- feels like maybe leaking fluid, but don't know for sure. All I know is I"ve been through this three times before and just because you think something's going on doesn't mean it is. Also, I've tried the going to the doctor thing and they have never told me anything I didn't already know. They'll probably just say, "time the contractions and when they're 3-5 min. apart, come in". Either that or they hook you up to a monitor to time the contractions and make you wait there for hours and hours getting your hopes up, then send you home for false labor.

I'm just going to wait. You can do what you want. Good luck!

First of all, it's okay to put clean fingers in and check. I've had 3 home births and checked myself with each of them. I did have a midwife, but there's nothing wrong with checking your own body. Second, yes it could be pressure from the head, which may or may not indicate labor. With baby #2 I was 50% effaced almost 5cm dilated and -1 FOR A MONTH! I felt like I was walking with a head betweeen my legs the entire time. He came two weeks late. I know you want to be on your feet and move things along, but I learned the hard way you need to do the opposite. Having that constant pressure doesnt hurry things, it just irritates your uterus. When you fell that way, lay down and rest a little instead, I did this with my 3rd and I was much more relaxed and prepared when I did go into labor. You've come this far, a couple more days won't break you ;-) Good luck!

Hello hun,

Every labour is different so do not expect everything you read to happen to you.

Hun call your labour ward and explain what is happeneing.

All the very best and congratulations for when your baby arrives xx

Definitely call your doctor asap! Even if there are no contractions or anything, if you're feeling the head, something's up. Only 1 in 10 women break their water before they go into labor.

• sounds like the baby is moving down, and although it feels and looks like the head is right there, unless your water has broken without you knowing, it wouldn't be that far down (or shouldn't be) either way id call my doc or go in and see what is going on, better safe then sorry

I think you need to quit looking and call the doctor! Good Luck!!!

Call your doctor, unless you want to be on the news for having it in the ambulance.

Umm you need to go to the doctor! If the baby is trying to come out it needs oxygen as soon as possible and its not getting any!