Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

Burn from acne treatment. HELP!!!?

3 days ago, I had a bad breakout of acne so I used benozyl peroxide one night and my face felt really warm. Then the next day I washed my face twice with salicylic acid and used an oxy pad twice. My face is red now and feels slightly hot. I've been moisturising a lot but how long will this take to go away? What else can I do for it? I've stopped using all the products.

Is there any risk of this being permanent?

Favorite Answer

you probably have an allergic reaction to benozyl peroxide. avoid the acne treatments for a couple of days and try washing your face with a face wash, it should be more soothing .

its gonna take a few days or weeks to heal. I mean you basically tried chemically burning your face off and you might make your acne worse by doing that. Over washing and over use of treatments can make you shed all of your natural oils that actually help protect your skin.

I suggest you get a lotion that is unscented but, not so greasy. You can ask a pharamacist on what the recommend. Also, to help take away that warm feeling I would use Aloe Vera Gel and place it in the fridge for a little bit until it gets cold. Rub some on your face and let dry. It shouldnt cause you to break out.

be patient or you could really do some permanent damage next time. What would you rather have? acne or burn scars??

good luck!!!

Source(s): I suffer from acne too but, mine pimples form like hard cyst under the skin and they hurt like hell
  • Mauri

My mom always told me the same thing. I will tell you right now that it is utterly wrong. If something burns you, you should not touch it. Isn't that one of the most basic things our parents teach us? If something makes your skin tight, itchy, irritated or it burns you, stop using it! Use a more natural remedy or find one that feels right. I use an oatmealxolive oil face mask every night for my acne prone skin. The oatmeal cleans and exfoliates while the olive oil calms irritation. It's a great make-up remover and leaves skin very soft and supple with a subtle glow. Combine 1tbs oatmeal to 1tbs olive oil and 1tsp milk. Mix until the oatmeal is creamy and soft. Apply, massage gently into skin and let sit for 20 minutes. Gently remove with warm water. The clean feeling is amazing and undeniable without that tight feeling. Please give it a try before buying more expensive acne treatments.

Gently wash off the moisturizer and put on a thin layer of Vaseline. It sounds like you have sensitive skin. It would be best to visit a dermatologist.

go natural.Apply a fruit pack.mix al fruits into a fine paste and apply on face twice a day.n wash after 25/30 mins wid cold water.

your probably allergic to benzoyal peroxide or the dosage is too much for you to handle...go to a dermatologist and they can persribe something that wont burn you

Do people call doctors anymore?