For those of you on medication for stress, depression or anxiety?

When you approach your doctor about this, are you embarrassed or feel like you failed as a parent? I have never had depression or anything but I suffer from anxiety attacks. Lately, they are hitting me pretty hard. Heavy breathing, lack of appetite, dizzy, heart racing and I feel like the walls are caving in.... show more When you approach your doctor about this, are you embarrassed or feel like you failed as a parent?

I have never had depression or anything but I suffer from anxiety attacks. Lately, they are hitting me pretty hard. Heavy breathing, lack of appetite, dizzy, heart racing and I feel like the walls are caving in.
The very smallest things are triggering them. I found out one of my daughters may need glasses , yesterday, and I now every time I think of it I can't breath. I also had to call some parents about info and I got so overwhelmed that the same thing happened.

This is EMBARRASSING for me. I feel like if I go to a doctor and admit I need something for these attacks that they will think I'm either a failure (bad mom) or a druggie (as in one of those people that just wants to try a bunch of medication). I don't have history of receiving a lot of medication. I was on valium 4 years ago for 3 months and colanapin (spelling) 2 years ago for 2 months.

Am I being ridiculous or will the doctor really think these things?
Update: All right, ya'll. I'm not that brave, yet. lol My doctor moved to another state 7 months ago and I still have to find a new one. What about first impresion?? I'm so lost, I feel like when I find a new doc, he/she will be like, "Oh, great. Here's a lonny for me." I'm silly, I know.... show more All right, ya'll. I'm not that brave, yet. lol
My doctor moved to another state 7 months ago and I still have to find a new one. What about first impresion?? I'm so lost, I feel like when I find a new doc, he/she will be like, "Oh, great. Here's a lonny for me." I'm silly, I know. I'm just going to do it. I'm going to search for one today and bite the freaking bullet when I get an appointment. If I'm not back here after that - then they have done locked me away. lol