? asked in 社會及文化語言 · 1 decade ago

Sentence structure

Should I keep "to finish his tasks thoroughly" at the end of the sectence below? Any suggestion to rephrase the sectence with better meaning, please advise, thanks.:

He has good knowledge in computer language and good skills in using different computer systems to finish his tasks thoroughly

2 Answers

Rating
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He has *good knowledge in computer language and good skills in using different computer systems to **finish his tasks thoroughly.

Firstly, with two changes * and **, your above sentence can be improved, keeping its original structure.

* is changed to 'a good knowledge of computer language' -- 'of' is a better preposition to use.

** is changed to 'complete' -- this gives a better meaning as you may finish a job and not complete it.

Your sentence becomes :

He has a good knowledge of computer language and good skills in using different computer systems to complete his tasks thoroughly.

The structure of the sentence can be changed further to give it a even better meaning, like this:

Having a good knowledge of computer language and good skills in using different computer systems, he always completes his tasks thoroughly.

2009-01-16 21:08:15 補充:

Typing error above:

'The structure of the sentence can be changed further to give it a even better ...'

should be

'The structure of the sentence can be changed further to give it an even better ...'.

2009-01-17 15:15:45 補充:

You asked: Should I keep "to finish his tasks thoroughly" at the end of the sentence ?

Yes, you should keep it at the end.

• 1 decade ago

My suggestion:

With his good knowledge in computer language and good skills in using different computer systems, he is able to finish his tasks efficiently and effectively.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.