Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Changing Sharing and Permission on a Mac?

I backed up my files on my PC and moved them to my Mac, but all of them are in read only and I have like hundreds files.

Is there any way to change the sharing and permission of all of them at the same time? I really need to use the files.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

1. Click once on the folder that contains all of the PC transferred files with permissions you wish to change;

2. Choose Get Info from the File menu or press Command-I;

3. Look toward the bottom of the Get Info window to find the Sharing & Permissions section. If necessary, click the > disclosure triangle to show the details of the section;

4. The first name you see should be your user name, and in the Privilege column next to it you should see "Read Only." Change Read Only to Read & Write;

5. Click the small wheel button on the bottom of the Get Info window below the privileges display to display a special privileges menu. Select the first option, "Apply to enclosed items";

6. You will then see a sheet asking if you want to apply the selected privileges to all enclosed items. Click OK.

Source(s): Eight years of Mac OS X experience

Mac osx tiger purpose subject matters.? I really have a mac operating osx tiger, and when I signal onto purpose it shows that my little bar on the bottom (the really that is going from greeen to purple as i im in extra efficient frequency) is all purple. further thoughts a million week in the previous I really have a mac operating osx tiger, and when I signal onto purpose it shows that my little bar on the bottom (the really that is going from greeen to purple as i im in extra efficient frequency) is all purple. when I wait really and provide an IM after the bar is going each and all the quicker down, it fills actual up decrease back. Whats the deal? a million week in the previous - 7 Hour left to respond to. - 3 concepts

Try this. select all then get info in there look for the permissions and the change it to read and write.

backup harddrive