BEST SUBWOOFER SYSTEM FOR SUV?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
What is the best system you can recommend for about 400 dollars for an suv?
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
  • Rudy answered 5 years ago
In my 04 Explorer I had a 12" Hifonics Brutus driven by a Crunch 1001 and it sounded amazing. I went cheap in my wife's ride since she isn't picky and just wanted some bass to round out the stereo. I was literally blown away. Talk about bang for you buck. You can get the amp and sub cheap too at www.cardiscountstereo.com (around $200)
Crunch power ratings are inflated but they are still insanely powerful for the money.

If you are wanting an amp and a sub, you need to be ready to cut some corners somewhere. Dont get me wrong, JL subs are awesome but they aren't cheap. Id avoid the low end MTX and JBL subs too. Ive had them and was not impressed with either.

Oh and for the record, a friend had a Kicker 15" l7. I tried it in place of the Hifoncs and it didnt sound as good. It hit harder but sounded fake.

Try one, you'll not be disappointed.

Source:

personal experience

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Thnx
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (4)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • ooxj2000 answered 5 years ago
    any thing, it doesnt take a lot to get a good sound out of a suv since the speakers will be in the back and its like a giant box
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • cpalmer13669 answered 5 years ago
    15 in kicker solo x with a rockford 1500bd amp and 0 guage wiring of course and a 200amp fuse block for front

Source(s):

have a system that hits 149.8 in a pt cruiser
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • mcperson2k answered 5 years ago
    1 10" JLAudio. I have one in my jeep Cherokee. Since theres no trunk, it sounds amazing.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Aux3000 answered 5 years ago
    Get 2 15" Rockford Fosgate T1's, and a ported box. Search online, you can find them for 160 each, and once you have them installed, you will be the talk of town. With the bass on low, you can shatter bulletproof glass.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock