Christians against gay marriage...?

Why is it that you do not care about other sins like lying, divorce, premarital sex, etc. being legal? How can you deny homosexuals the right to marry when it is a sin - when your own doctrine teaches that ALL of you sin, all the time? Of course, you have all sinned. (Hence why Jesus died for you.) What gives... show more Why is it that you do not care about other sins like lying, divorce, premarital sex, etc. being legal? How can you deny homosexuals the right to marry when it is a sin - when your own doctrine teaches that ALL of you sin, all the time?

Of course, you have all sinned. (Hence why Jesus died for you.) What gives you the right to turn around and declare that people should be forced, by law, to follow the rules of your religion, when you break the same rules?

Do you feel that your sins are somehow better than those of homosexuals?

If so, that is not what your Bible teaches. If not, why do you continue to support illegal gay marriage?

In addition, why are you okay with religious freedom? I, an atheist – which directly defies your religion – am free to believe in no God. I can even marry a man – even though our relationship would be unChristian and therefore sinful! The ‘sanctity’ of ‘traditional Christian marriage’ would be ruined!

But heck, you don’t care. As long as it’s not the gays, right?

Is this not bigotry on your behalf?
Update: Quote from PassionWink in a recent question: "Does the church refuse to marry any couple who has had sex before marriage? Do they even ask them before marrying them? No."
Update 2: Dishan, why did you not answer my question?
Update 3: PaulCyp: "Official government recognition of sin"

Why is lying legal? Why is divorce legal? It's the same thing, right?
14 answers 14