What do you think about the name AYA for a baby girl?

It is a beautiful name with beautiful meanings

In Japanese, it can mean "colourful one" or "beautiful", depending on the character used (Japanese has three scripts) also meaning woven silk.

In Korean, it may come from "loved"

Aya is also a reasonably common Muslim first name.

The verses of the Quran are also sometimes referred to as Aya's.In Arabic the name " "Ayah" (آية ʾāyatun, plural "Ayat" آيات ʾāyātun) is the Arabic word for 'sign' or 'miracle', cognate with Hebrew 'ot', meaning 'sign'. The word usually refers to each one of the 6236 verses found in the Qur'an (6348 ayat counting the basmalas). Muslims regard each ayah of the Qur'an as a sign from Allah."

In Old German, it can relate to "sword" or the big rakes that are used on fields by farmers ("eg" in Dutch)

Then there is the meaning of "wisdom", as in Aya Sophia (the church/mosque in Istanbul)

Aya was also a Sumerian goddess, wife of the sungod Shamash, or UTU.

It is also the name of an Israeli bird of prey or Fly swiftly

Someone pointed out to me that aya in Spanish (the pronunciation) means there, over there. I don't really care about that but do you think that would be a reason for kids to bully her in school? What do you think of the name?

Favorite Answer

it reminds me of the song "hey-ya"

"come on now, ayyyyyyya ayyyyyya, shake it like a polaroid picture"

Aya Meaning

Aya Samara

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

In Korean, it may come from "loved"

Aya is also a reasonably common...

Source(s): aya baby girl: https://biturl.im/8Pv3a

Honestly, I don't like it. But it's not my kid, she's yours. (or soon will be). If your that worried about the name then go for a different one. As for kids making fun of her name....kids will make fun of ANYTHING they can, so if it's not her name, it will prob. be something else.

Personally, I think it sounds like your saying..."Hey ya!"" Like your calling to someone.

Good Luck though. I'm sure you'll find the name that fits just perfect.

P.S. If you're questioning it, then I don't think it's the right one. Keep looking.

If you live in America, I don't think the name will go over well in classes, etc,. Plus the name is a little odd to pronounce and while unique, not really that pretty because it's "lacking" something. Like Adrianna is pretty and french, Ava would even be prettier.

That's my name. Seriously. But people make fun of my name, so you probably want to take that into consideration.

Source(s): It is pronounced as "EYE-YAH"

I think it is very pretty and all the people who said it was stupid are mean....i would so totally go for it i mean when i have children and if one is a girl i'm naming her Arya (ar-ee-ah)

I think it's an awesome name, unique and pleasant to the ears.

This is only if it's said "EYE-uh", though. I wouldn't be a fan of "AY-a" (rhyming with "Day").

• Sahar

Love it! It's really lovely.

No, I don't think kids will make fun of her because of it, it really is a really nice name :]

I really like it ^^

I think everybody gets teased about their names no matter what it is...I think that it's beautiful