I really need help!!!!!?

I have a boyfriend that cheated on me and i said that i would try to look past that. but how do you ever look past something like that now i cant trust him at all i almost always think he is cheating on me if he is some where else. I don't want to be like that though i love him and want to be with him and be able to trust him. How do I do that?

Favorite Answer

I think you know the answer to this. It's going to take time, lots of time. But if he cheated once recidivism will probably get him, sad to say. That said, you also risk jading yourself if you decide to trust him again and he does cheat on you. You can also consider this a test of your character. Do you allow yourself to love him fully and trust him, making yourself vulnerable to hurt or do you shut him out, and build a shield around your heart.

Though I can't really put myself in your position from the little bit I know about you, if it WAS me, I would kick him to the curb and find someone who deserves me and has the self control to keep their hands off anyone who's not me.

Good luck, sorry for your hurt.

I honestly don't think that you can just look past it. I always told myself that if my husband cheated on me I would have to leave him. It would be the hardest thing in the world for me to do but I would never be completely happy with him anymore because I would always be thinking that he is with someone else and I don't think you can get over that feeling. As hard as it sounds I think you need to leave him!

• Rome

For this type of situation you should not be in this relationship. I was cheated on 3 times in one relationship I kept on going back. If they do it once they will do it again and you have to learn that! He will do it again every cheater always does. So your best bet is to move on or learn this the hard way.