Which Christian denomination has the "correct" doctrine?

...and therefore, the members of this denomination are going to Heaven while members of other denominations are all apostate?

So far, we have:

• Catholic

• Orthodox

• Southern Baptist

• follow the teachings of the Bible

• None, since the Christianity and the denominations have pagan roots

At this point, a plurality believe that following the teachings of the Bible provides salvation.

Funny: Paul never said that. (Romans, Galatians, Ephesians). In fact, he said the complete *opposite* of that.

Mrg_Love_and_Wisdom, you sure quoted a lot of stuff! Now, would you like to try stating it in your OWN words?

Catholic@Heart: I have formal seminary training. Do you?

CatholicByChoice: What a *wonderful* Christian witness you present! Just for your information, I got my training at an accredited Lutheran seminary.

Now, I realize that for you, a Lutheran seminary education probably isn't valid because the Catholic Church is the "True Church" and, after all, your own Bishop of Rome said that non-Catholic churches are merely "ecclesial unions" and not real churches -- as though what the Bishop of Rome says means anything more to me than the stuff I scoop out of my cat box.

I can only imagine how many people have "seen the light" and converted to Catholic Christianity based on the witness you presented here, but if I were to take an educated guess, I'd say that number is zero (or pretty close to zero).

Favorite Answer

I was raised Methodist, but was in and out of church. My faith is with the Revised King James version of the Holy Bible. In the late 1980's, I was studying material from The Worldwide Church of God and their Plain Truth magazine. It really opened my eyes to alot of things in the bible, real things. Once in a while, I also listened to Family Radio, TBN and seldomly 700 club. I do respect the Popes and listen to them when I hear them on tv, it was Pope John Paul II I really enjoyed listening too. I do not know much about Catholicism, but I respect how much they are into their faith. I am not Jewish, but my life began and was saved at a Jewish Memorial Hospital. So I have faith all the way around.

I do not go to church anymore and have had some bad experiences as an adult in different churches.

I work on Sundays anyway now.

• Carol

I am not gonna speak against denominations and say any one is right or wrong. But if you really want truth, find it for yourself and don't follow the vain philosophy of men. This way you know for yourself. Step outside of the religious arena and tell me what you see. The bottom line here is, what does the bible say? Is any of your philosophy in question with the bible? If so, take another look and don't be afraid to question things.

Sooner or later, we are all gonna know anyway. Best be the best you can in the eyes of God.

Read the bible for yourself. God bless...

First off the Catholic/Orthodox Churches are not Denominations only Protestants fall into that group. Since your claiming to have seminary training tell me what Bible did the first Christians use for the first 350 yrs of Christianity? Also tell me what famous statement did Ignatius Bishop of Antioch make in 110AD and if you know that then you know the Apostle John taught him.Or is it possible you just took one of those mail order courses that liberty university used to offer on there TV show by that certain Preacher who died and i can not recall his name at this time.Now i remember the Reverend Jerry Falwell.

Romans, Galatians, Ephesians: ALL CATHOLIC...Same teachings different places.

ALL of Christianity has Jewish Roots not Pagan Roots.

Do you know Absolutely nothing about Christianity's History?

ADD: Christ is the fulfillment of the Messiah prophesied in the Old Testament. If you were a seminarian you would know that. Basics 101. You would also know our Holy Days are based on Jewish Festivals, not Pagan in Origin.

(((Mrg_Love))) If he can't read your post; How did he even get into the Seminary?

First off the Catholic and Orthodox Churches are not denominations or religions . The Catholic Church started in 33AD when Jesus established it. The Catholic Church also compiled the bible in the 4th century.The Catholic Church has been going strong for over 2,000 years since the time of Peter and has done so thru Apostolic Succession. The Protestant religion has over 38,000 denominations which started in the 16th century

There actually may not be any denomination whose members are automatically heaven bound. The idea of "denominations" is that all are differing parts of a whole. That in an of itself may well violate Jesus' statement to build His 'one' church. There is but one body and it is not one particular denomination nor is it all denominations.

the One body is the church universal that follows the teachings and patterns of Christ and his apostles. There are groups who are by nature restorationalists. They are trying to fore go denominationalism and be independent congregations of God's people serving Him as they understand the Bible to teach.

None of them. I am a Christian but I don't think that there is a perfect denomination. I think they are all a little right & a little (lot) wrong. There is no perfectly earthly church. Only in Heaven wih Jesus is the perfect church. I think what we all need to agree on is that Jesus is the only way to Heaven & that is the most important fact.

The most original, traditional, unchanged Doctrine is the Doctrine of the Orthodox Church. The laws remain unchanged since the 7 Ecumenical Councils, the Catholics changed many things in Christianity after they split from us.

The Catholic Church formed in 1054, when the Pope of Rome broke away from the other four Apostolic Patriarchates (which include Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem), by tampering with the Original Creed of the Church, and considering himself to be infallible. Thus their church is 1,000 years old, as opposed to the Orthodox Church, which is 2,000.

Before 1054, all Patriarchates were in unity with one another, forming the Orthodox Church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirUy13Q_L8

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=PlayList&p=BBAE2214AE4BF45E&index=51

• Adonai

Having "formal semenary training" only deepens the ignorance as truth still escapes you.

Paul never said that...

Apostate...

Doctrine...

Whats important is interpretation of the symbolisms of truth.

The answer is nobody's "correct".

Whoever believes the Holy Trinity and that Jesus Christ is the savior of the world.

Source(s): Episcopalian