Can i make icing without icing sugar ?

i need icing and fast but i don't have any icing sugar can i still make some

Favorite Answer

I know of a company that I have been buying from for about 10 years. The name of the company is called eDietShop. The company invented sugar free icing for the consumer market. Not only did they invent the product but it has gotten formulated to be better over the years. The icing is delicious and the flavors come in Vanilla and Chocolate (for 2.69$). They also have a larger portion size icing product that comes in Lemon, Chocolate, Cheesecake, and Vanilla (for 4.65$). Let me remind you that this icing is to die for! Guilt Free!

• Sal*UK

Got a grinder? Grind normal granulated sugar down to the same consistency as icing sugar - better than nothing!

Ganache:

8 ounces chocolate

3/4 cup heavy cream

2 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons butter

Chop chocolate and place in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Bring cream and sugar just to a boil in a small saucepan and then pour over chocolate. Whisk together and then stir in butter until melted.

or

Buttercream:

4 ounces egg whites

6 ounces sugar

8 ounces butter, cut into small pieces, at room temperature

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

• ?

You don't need icing sugar to make icing, there are lots of other recipes for it. I know many but it would be faster for you to go to allrecipes.com or some other web site.

No, you have to have icing-sugar.:)

Actually Sal Uk is right. Icing sugar is just normal sugar that has been ground to a powder consistancy, try it, it should work.:)