jillabn asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

is a 6cm mass a is it really big one ihave one in my breast i have a biopsy in the morning, it is not fluid?

if it is cancer what stage would it be? I noticed it about 2 or 3 weks ago, i had a ultra sound today the doc says it is cancer even without a biopsy is this possioble? I AM SO SCARED idont want to die

Favorite Answer

Don't be afraid with any of this no matter how frightening it can be. Always think positive. My best friend did have breast cancer and I was one of the few that was there for her through treatment, radical mastectomy and when she'll has her reconstructive surgery. She was also there for me when my mammogram came back with a suspicious mass and biopsy let alone my husband and other family members. It sucks and it is mind bending but you need to think positive.

If you're married your husband may need or should go through counseling to help him deal with all of this and you may too so your marriage can survive.

It all comes down to this, if your marriage is strong it will last, if you're strong you'll last no matter what the outcome is. There are many vitamins and supplements that you can start taking and continue to take and that's the one thing you need to let your doctors know you won't stop and don't let them sway you. These are things you can take to help your system help you through treatments if it turns out that way and will help you even if your mass/cyst is nothing.

God Bless and good luck with all you may go through.

Just because it isn't fluid doesn't mean it is cancer. Fibrous growths in the breasts are very common and without a biopsy present similarly to cancer (I'm having a 4cm growth removed next week)... even on an ultrasound.

Relax... it could be a number of things, it could be benign. No matter what, your doctor will likely recommend removal at that size. Breast cancer is treatable at nearly any stage.

Talk to your doctor, find a support group in your area... it will be ok.

The first thing your doctor should recommend is a core needle biopsy. If it is cancer then he should advise you on the numerous treatment options based on the tissue studies. Also there are many benign masses in a breast such as a fibroadenoma. I hope yours is benign but if not don't deny yourself a second opinion when choosing treatment options. Cancer of the breast is curable.

Source(s): Surgeon

6cm is equivalent to about 2" so it is rather large. Have your biopsy in the morning, take one day at a time, and if there are cancer cells, get good doctors and more than one opinion and do whatever they recommend. Breast cancer is survivable if you get proper treatment.

best wishes..

Well, if you just recently noticed it and you got into the doctor, it is probably in a beginning stage. Don't start worrying tonight. Remember, there is absolutely, 100% nothing you can do about it until you get the results. So, clear your mind, read a book. Watch a movie. Just don't think about it because nothing will come from worrying. You have my prayers that all is normal.

Only a doctor can stage a cancer. Having cancer is not a death sentence so try to relax. The important thing now is you are getting treated. Good luck to you.

It is possible and definitely something to worry about but don't make any assumptions until you get the biopsy results. They might paint a clearer picture for you.