Do you think the world id gonna end 2012?

Okay this is random but what do you think????

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no i don't but anything is possible...:(

• RAVEN
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

12/21/2012 - Mark you Calendars.

I rarely voice any view one way or another here, but this one time I'll make an exception.

Some scientists, most environmentalists, a few Republicans, and all Democrats would have everyone believe the planet is in danger from Global Warming. The Earth is completely safe from Global Warming and other major climate changes. Humans aren't though - WE may be in danger, but the planet will around long after we're history, and long after whoever replaces us is history. We're a mere blip in time.

What scientists haven't voiced very publicly is that recent planet wide disruptions attested to Global Warming are actually the start of a planetary shift in the magnetic poles. It has happened before, the last event being 730,000 years ago. The northern magnetic pole has been rapidly moving, and it is this event that causes scientists to believe a pole shift is in fact underway. For those of you that don't understand, the Earth's magnetic field affects everything in our lives - EVERYTHING. Aside from the speculation of being roasted by solar winds as the poles reverse, the disruption of every device that our cultures are based on would be nothing short of catastrophic. The only lucky ones may be those who don't depend on technology to survive.

The other event that will happen that the Earth will cross the galactic plane of the Milky Way galaxy. While it's unclear what, if anything will be caused by that (past doomsdays have been attributed to planetary alignment with the Sun and we're still here), we do know how gravity affects us when we travel from the Earth's northern hemisphere to the southern hemisphere.The most widely known is that water rotates counterclockwise when a toilet is flushed in say, Australia or New Zealand, rather than clockwise here in the north, The transition from the upper plane to the lower plane is similar to the hemispheric example.

Many sources in our historical past have noted that particular day in our near future as the end of the world, some by prediction, others by accidental discovery, even the Mayan calendar ends on that day, I'll let you research that to find out why it does, but you'll understand why when you find out.

So in answer to your question - Yes I do believe it. Not for any predictions, but the scientific evidence that it's happening, and the complete belief that nature balances the world when too much of an imbalance exists.

If humans aren't a planetary imbalance then I don't know what is.

• Ersa
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No. Why would the world end in 2012? Just because some calendar stops there?

Think about it. There would have to be a major catastrophe to wide out the entire human population in a single year. Most catastrophes would leave some survivors to rebuild. What are the odds of such a major catastrophe happening without forwarning?

• Jess H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No.

The idea that the world is going to end in 2012 is actually based solely on a misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the Mayan calender, which appears to those who don't know how it works to end in the year 2012. In truth, the Mayan calender is a cyclic calender, meaning that the year 2012 is only the end of a cycle. Once it hits the end, it starts over again at the beginning. (Like our year goes January to December, and then starts over again with January.)

Why anyone would attach any meaning to the end of a calendar written by a pagan civilisation that was unable to even predict its own downfall is beyond logical comprehension. (Not that ANY end-time theorists in the whole of history are renowned for their logic or comprehension.) In particular, it’s baffling that it’s Christians who grasp onto a prediction they (mistakenly) think was made by a pagan culture that they completely disagree with on every single other issue, and then use it to back up their religion’s end-time fantasy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

well there has been a lot of theories about there being a war and the end of the world after that. there has been long ago psychics that predicted future events like the holocaust and how important people died, that have predicted an end at a date december 21, 2012. also they had some sort of thing with the bible where they think might explain an end.

also, these people came to my house and gave me this paphlet thing about god. i read it and it came to things talking about how god created us and will destroy what he has made or something. i kind of paniced but yea there are a lot to prove the world ending in 2012

Source(s): t.v.
  • 1 decade ago

there is evidence that 2012 will bring destruction. i'm not talking just about the mayan calander, either. scientists have looked into it, and "we are in trouble."

do i think it'll be the end of the world?

maybe, maybe not, but i think it'll be a pretty dark day.

• 1 decade ago

No. It's just a date when they predicted the "end of the world as they knew it" would be, which has been a male dominated one. We are more back to balanced now.

• 1 decade ago

Nope. There all just rumours like how we were gonna die on Y2K and we were supposed to die when they collided mass together and it was gonna make a black hole and we were gonna die. It's stupid don't believe in that stuff.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, i believe something bad may happen but no one knows when the world is going to end except God the father...and really its when will Jesus come

• 1 decade ago

No, I do not believe that.

The world was gonna on Y2K too.. we are still here.

• 1 decade ago

the myans actually said 2011, but i disagree.

im catholic and i believe that whenever God decides to have everyone join him, the world will "end"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.